PDA

View Full Version : Steinman's Review

renegadeangel
25 Jun 2016, 03:02
this is from his facebook page

Jim's Review of the new Album:
To be honest, writing and then working on every step of our new album, BRAVER THAN WE ARE, was at first just a "gamble" for me. No idea what to expect, but NOW, hearing it in its entirety---I can honestly say it's one of the GREATEST works of ART I've ever been involved in! It's astonishingly avant garde in the best possible way; experimental beyond belief; visionary; operatic; theatrical, SO SUBVERSIVE TO ANY ROCK OR POP of the last 20 years, Meat is HEROIC is his ravaged voice, tragically inspiringly heroic; I adore Paul's production; LOVE Justin's amazing keyboads and background vocals; It's a super surreal parade of almost towering expressionism; and overall a musical, not just a rock, but a MUSICAL work of genius!! (I didn't arrange or produce; my first song EVER is here in WHO NEEDS THE YOUNG and my latest, the extended bridge of SPEAKING IN TONGUES WHICH went from a fun dick joke to a profound reflection on life itself! And if I wasn't to be cremated, those are THE WORDS I'd want on my tombstone!!! (Obviously, SOMEONE would demand an edit--so I'd need a mausoleum! ) I.AM.SO.~~~~ING.PROUD. You can't hear it till mid September, unless you heard iTUNES, who mistakenly "leaked" the entire album just on Wednesday - minus SKULL OF YOUR COUNTRY, the second song I ever wrote in 1968!! Dunno why that wasn't included but suffice to say, it's as subversive NOW as it was back then!! Nothing amazes me more than to end up with a record that, for me, stands with the top ten recordings of ALL TIME!! ‪#‎BraverThanWeAre‬ ‪#‎ReleaseNow‬

stretch37
25 Jun 2016, 04:10
Great review. Love his compliment to Meat

Danny L
26 Jun 2016, 00:26
this is from his facebook page

Jim's Review of the new Album:
To be honest, writing and then working on every step of our new album, BRAVER THAN WE ARE, was at first just a "gamble" for me. No idea what to expect, but NOW, hearing it in its entirety---I can honestly say it's one of the GREATEST works of ART I've ever been involved in! It's astonishingly avant garde in the best possible way; experimental beyond belief; visionary; operatic; theatrical, SO SUBVERSIVE TO ANY ROCK OR POP of the last 20 years, Meat is HEROIC is his ravaged voice, tragically inspiringly heroic; I adore Paul's production; LOVE Justin's amazing keyboads and background vocals; It's a super surreal parade of almost towering expressionism; and overall a musical, not just a rock, but a MUSICAL work of genius!! (I didn't arrange or produce; my first song EVER is here in WHO NEEDS THE YOUNG and my latest, the extended bridge of SPEAKING IN TONGUES WHICH went from a fun dick joke to a profound reflection on life itself! And if I wasn't to be cremated, those are THE WORDS I'd want on my tombstone!!! (Obviously, SOMEONE would demand an edit--so I'd need a mausoleum! ) I.AM.SO.~~~~ING.PROUD. You can't hear it till mid September, unless you heard iTUNES, who mistakenly "leaked" the entire album just on Wednesday - minus SKULL OF YOUR COUNTRY, the second song I ever wrote in 1968!! Dunno why that wasn't included but suffice to say, it's as subversive NOW as it was back then!! Nothing amazes me more than to end up with a record that, for me, stands with the top ten recordings of ALL TIME!! ‪#‎BraverThanWeAre‬ ‪#‎ReleaseNow‬

Which Jim Steinman account does he write under? There are two

loaferman61
26 Jun 2016, 01:09
I read the same review, not on FB but it had one additional line which I think really shows Jim's passion and desire for all of us to hear this album. His pride is much deserved as it is for all involved with making this.