PDA

View Full Version : BOOH, is the best, think it could have been better, I SAY no

RSG
13 Aug 2003, 22:12
Hey, do you guys think Bat Out Of Hell could have been better?

My answer, NO, it couldn't get any better. It's perfect. Though sometimes I wish Todd Rundgren, would have kept the songs the way they were. And just have the version we have now, as a secondary version. But Jimmy said he wanted a boy choir singing during the instrumental opening of BOOH. I don't think that Idea would of been good.

BOTTOM LINE, this album is the best!!!!! Perfect the way it is.

Sapphire Lady
13 Aug 2003, 23:27
I agree. It's difficult to imagine BOOH being any different to the way it is. Best album ever.

Today's music just canīt compete with classics like BOOH. Do you think the latest Busted album is still going to be around 25 years from now? Err, no.

Shane
14 Aug 2003, 02:22
Jim Steinman has said that he thinks of "Two Out Of Three Aint Bad" as a country song, so I wouldn't mind a country remix of that as a b-side or bonus track when Bat 3 comes out. Not to make it better, but to hear it different.

shadow1000001
14 Aug 2003, 02:32
I agree. It's difficult to imagine BOOH being any different to the way it is. Best album ever.

Today's music just canīt compete with classics like BOOH. Do you think the latest Busted album is still going to be around 25 years from now? Err, no.

I'm with you :!:

Bart
14 Aug 2003, 12:28
Todd is (maybe) a better producer than Jim. If Jim would have done the job, Bat would have last 15 minutes or more instead of the 9:48. The way it is now, it is just perfect. I love the sound of every song. for me it is the best album ever made.

plukie
14 Aug 2003, 13:25
You can't improve on perfection! Leave it!!!

evil nickname
14 Aug 2003, 15:00
I agree. It's difficult to imagine BOOH being any different to the way it is.

I can agree with that... I guess its safe to assume we're all very accustomed to Bat the way it is, so it would be difficult to imagine what you would want to change, if you could.
That being said, yes, I do believe that Bat could've been better. Don't ask me how, but I guess it could be.

Tim
15 Aug 2003, 01:21
It is stupid that a topic is made of this... it is kind of an unwritten line / note / fact.

There is not a better album then BOOH and BOOH2. And that is the truth!!

The Butcher.

The Flying Mouse
15 Aug 2003, 01:44
:twisted: You can't improve on perfection.
The music and lyrics are the best.
The cover is awesome.
The vids rock.
It's simply the best album ever produced.I don't believe it will ever be surpassed.
I love this album.I have it in a gold frame on my living room wall.

Em
15 Aug 2003, 01:47
Tim wrote:

I've got to agree with you as far as BOOH is concerned. I first bought a copy over 20 years ago and I still play it quite often. Most of the music I bought 20 years ago now seems dated and I rarely listen to it. BOOH has a timeless quality to it and I still enjoy listening to it. Wouldn't want to change it.

RSG
15 Aug 2003, 03:23
It is stupid that a topic is made of this... it is kind of an unwritten line / note / fact.

The Butcher.

believe me Tim, i agree BOOH couldn't be better. i jus wanted to hear other people's opinions. you should of heard one guy's review on ne, he completely diss the album. i know people have the rights of opinions, but it was awful! made me so angry.

Tim
15 Aug 2003, 10:45

The Butcher.

believe me Tim, i agree BOOH couldn't be better. i jus wanted to hear other people's opinions. you should of heard one guy's review on ne, he completely diss the album. i know people have the rights of opinions, but it was awful! made me so angry.

I can imagine that. That can really make you angry, cause you are a true fan of ML... But indeed, everybody may have his/her opinion about things. There is nothing wrong about that.

evil nickname
15 Aug 2003, 11:07
But indeed, everybody may have his/her opinion about things.
There is nothing wrong about that.

Good, cause when you say:

I dare to disagree. I haven't heard *all* albums released in the world *ever* yet, and I honestly can't say that I believe that of all the albums I haven't heard, not a single one would better that BOOH or BOOH2;BIH. They'd have a hard nut to crack, but still, I think its possible there is an album that I could like 'better' that BOOH(2).
As for the albums I've heard, BOOH and BOOH2 are certainly among the top 10. I can't give you an answer if you were to ask "which album do you think is the best", let alone the question "which album is the best". I've heard a lot of good / perfect albums (and what's a perfect album anyway), and each one is special to me, in its own way.

William

The Flying Mouse
15 Aug 2003, 12:18
:twisted: Let me put it this way,Bat Out Of Hell isn't an album,it's a goddam religion 8) .

I honestly can't say that I believe that of all the albums I haven't heard, not a single one would better that BOOH or BOOH2

Doest thee havest a crisis of thy faith? 8O :lol:

Archbishop Mouse

evil nickname
15 Aug 2003, 12:42
Doest thee havest a crisis of thy faith?

Archbishop Mouse

Ay father, I doth confess! I denounce thy religion, for thy wisdom hath failed me. Dost thou teach me the righteous ways?

"Lost the love of heaven above
Chose the lust of the earth below
Eleven saintly shrouded men
Come to wash my sins away"
-Steve Harris, The Sign of the Cross

The Flying Mouse
15 Aug 2003, 13:03
Dost thou teach me the righteous ways?

Thoust false prophets walk among thou to confuse and confound thee 8O .
But thou was made to find redemption in thy fathers devine teachings 8) .
For it is written in ye good book (Clevland International edition) that we shall all...
Like a sinner before the gates of heaven,i'll come crawlin on back to you.

Praise the loaf.

Back on topic,No,Bat couldn't be any better :lol: .

Michel
15 Aug 2003, 21:00
Mouse said you can't improve perfection. He is absolutely right. Lyrics from Steinman are the best, Meats voice is perfect for the songs, great music. So you can't improve that.

Garrett
15 Aug 2003, 22:02
Yes! BOOH could have been better. The evidence for this opinion: Look at BOOH 2. It is better than BOOH!! Now, I'm excited to listen to BOOH 3.

Sue K
16 Aug 2003, 08:28

My answer, NO, it couldn't get any better. It's perfect. Though sometimes I wish Todd Rundgren, would have kept the songs the way they were. And just have the version we have now, as a secondary version. But Jimmy said he wanted a boy choir singing during the instrumental opening of BOOH. I don't think that Idea would of been good.

YO RSG...we say YO in philadelphia PA to get your attention... YO...make up your flooping mind..will you?

first you say.. " My answer, NO, it couldn't get any better"... and THEN you say...."Though sometimes I wish Todd Rundgren, would have kept the songs the way they were. And just have the version we have now, as a secondary version. "...

so..what's it gonna be? yes or NO!!!!!

tink..

Sue K
16 Aug 2003, 08:31
I agree. It's difficult to imagine BOOH being any different to the way it is.

I can agree with that... I guess its safe to assume we're all very accustomed to Bat the way it is, so it would be difficult to imagine what you would want to change, if you could.
That being said, yes, I do believe that Bat could've been better. Don't ask me how, but I guess it could be.

well..come now..if you believe that it could have been better..you must have some thought how....???

tink..

Evan
16 Aug 2003, 12:41
When Meat and Jimmy made "Bat Out Of Hell" they really didn't know what the hell they were doing, no pun intened. It couldn't of been any better but it could've been much worse had Rundgren not produced. "Bat Out Of Hell" is the greatest album ever made as far as I"m concerned.

Crystal Eyes
16 Aug 2003, 15:02
T. BOOH has a timeless quality to it and I still enjoy listening to it. Wouldn't want to change it.

My thoughts exactly Em. It just wouldn't be as good any other way. Though whether I prefer it to Bat II is debatable it's still one of the greatest albums and always will be.

RSG
18 Aug 2003, 06:19

YO RSG...we say YO in philadelphia PA to get your attention... YO...make up your flooping mind..will you?

first you say.. " My answer, NO, it couldn't get any better"... and THEN you say...."Though sometimes I wish Todd Rundgren, would have kept the songs the way they were. And just have the version we have now, as a secondary version. "...

so..what's it gonna be? yes or NO!!!!!

tink..

lol, i'll keep that in mind :D, nope it couldn't get better. lol, when i said i wished todd could of kept the songs way they were. well what did i mean at the time. lol its perfect way it is. if the songs were longer, i would still like it just as much, i guess is what i'm saying. what do U think? would u have liked the songs longer??

Vickip
18 Aug 2003, 06:30
would u have liked the songs longer??

I think all of the songs are perfect the way they are .. but just once I would love to hear the original uncut (20 minute?) version of Paradise :))

Vicki