PDA

View Full Version : Listen to 'Going all the way' Now!

Anubis
22 Jun 2016, 18:27
you acn liston to 'Going all the way' now on Rolling stone.
heres the link: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-meat-loafs-bombastic-new-track-with-bat-out-of-hell-songwriter-20160622

ashkent7
22 Jun 2016, 19:43
you acn liston to 'Going all the way' now on Rolling stone.
heres the link: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-meat-loafs-bombastic-new-track-with-bat-out-of-hell-songwriter-20160622

The quality of the stream, particularly at the beginning where they have somehow doubled the vocal out of sync, is bad for such a well known site.

Anubis
22 Jun 2016, 23:21
The quality of the stream, particularly at the beginning where they have somehow doubled the vocal out of sync, is bad for such a well known site.

True, but I'm sure the album verson will be clearer. but as an idea of what the album is going to be like, im quite excited.

lorenzoduke
22 Jun 2016, 23:50
It's kind of nice that the ladies are so at the forefront. Feels like Meat is the carnival barker showcasing the acts in a way.

gargar
23 Jun 2016, 06:50
Can't wait to hear the full version. What a great song god damn it!

lorenzoduke
23 Jun 2016, 08:19
Can't wait to hear the full version. What a great song god damn it!

It's a real grower. Last night I thought it was good. This morning I just played it 5 times in a row. Some of Jim's best lyrics and Karla in particular is electric, but a great showing all round.

A big reminder why we're all here. No-one else makes music like this.

Moonlight shadow
24 Jun 2016, 13:17
Absoltly amazing version of the song. Love it entirely!!
Congrats Meat , Jim and the girls.

Danny L
24 Jun 2016, 19:11
http://societyofrock.com/meat-loaf-reigns-supreme-in-blazing-new-braver-than-we-are-track-going-all-the-way/?a=mm&var=LoafOfficial-GoingAllTheWay

Is this a different cut to the Radio Edit on iTunes?

ashkent7
24 Jun 2016, 21:08
http://societyofrock.com/meat-loaf-reigns-supreme-in-blazing-new-braver-than-we-are-track-going-all-the-way/?a=mm&var=LoafOfficial-GoingAllTheWay

Is this a different cut to the Radio Edit on iTunes?

Yes it is very slightly different - although it has that horrendous double track echo thing going on at the very beginning for some reason. The version streaming is edited much better than the single on itunes which is completely insane to think that something free is better than the one you pay for and the one being classed as the single. It is the cut from the first verse to chorus that is longer - the itunes single i has meat singing "swear you would leave me" and the me crosses with "we always seem" from the chorus.

The ending of this one is more complete too. The whole thing is 23 seconds longer than the single version. It's a much cleaner cut. Like other things that have gone on, not sure if Meat is aware of this. The more i listen to it, i think itunes have screwed up this one as well because the streaming one sounds much more professional as the single cut.

anotherday
24 Jun 2016, 21:13
Soooo...I bought a sub par version to what everyone else is getting for free. GG record company.

ashkent7
24 Jun 2016, 21:25
Soooo...I bought a sub par version to what everyone else is getting for free. GG record company.

To be honest I hadn't even noticed...I listened to the Rolling Stone stream once on my mobile with a bad signal and then just bought the single. It actualy cuts out a whole chunk of Ellen's initial vocal though. so either a glitch in the track sent to Itunes by the record company or a glitch with itunes, but considering there are a couple of these additional cuts it seems like the former.

The streaming one flows well as a single...the itunes one sounds amateurish which surely needs to be rectified.

I had sent Jim a copy of the album review I'll be posting closer to the release, and he came back very complimentary about it, but also he just was so massively stoked about the album itself, as Meat has been, and yet there seems to be so many errors being made outside their control it is unreal.

anotherday
24 Jun 2016, 21:26
Apparently iTunes asked for a shorter edit. Paul just replied to a comment on Facebook. Interesting.

anotherday
24 Jun 2016, 21:28
...but also he just was so massively stoked about the album itself, as Meat has been, and yet there seems to be so many errors being made outside their control it is unreal.

Isn't that always the case with Meat/Jim's work though? So many decisions made outside their control its crazy.

ashkent7
24 Jun 2016, 21:35
Apparently iTunes asked for a shorter edit. Paul just replied to a comment on Facebook. Interesting.

So clearly they had to do a quick edit to get it to them in time. Really itunes? 23 seconds makes so much difference to you doesn't it. Knob ends.

loaferman61
24 Jun 2016, 21:50
So clearly they had to do a quick edit to get it to them in time. Really itunes? 23 seconds makes so much difference to you doesn't it. Knob ends.

Apple is so big and powerful they get whatever they want. Even something they do by "accident" is glossed over. If some poor schmo had leaked the album he''d be condemned in the worst way. But everybody in the biz needs Apple so all is overlooked.

Wario
24 Jun 2016, 22:18
These edits are terrible and jarring wtf guys

PanicLord
26 Jun 2016, 21:30
It's undoubtedly a terrific song, but I wonder why they always choose a really long song that suffers from being chopped rather than a shorter song in the first place?

Anyway really whets my appetite for the full version where hopefully Meat gets to cut lose a bit more too!