PDA

View Full Version : Lack of INFO?

anotherday
09 Dec 2014, 20:58
Has anyone else noticed the surprising lack of information from this new CD?

Its SURPRISING to me...I mean with HCTB we got all those cool VIDEOS and even updates during HIAH because he was on tour recording it...I'm just disappointed all of that stopped for this one. I miss Meat....:(

Adje
10 Dec 2014, 05:51
If I remember correctly Meat stated on either his fb page or somewhere in here that there would be a complete 'radio silence' until the album was finished. ;)

anotherday
10 Dec 2014, 17:04
Sad :(

Evil One
10 Dec 2014, 20:19
Why? Would you rather effort was concentrated on the end product or on fannying about with Facebook and Youtube?

loaferman61
10 Dec 2014, 20:52
I think I recall that he was going quiet for a bit also. Lots of work to be done and I seem to recall one deadline was in December so he is probably busy. As it gets closer to having the CD available he will probably have more to say.

CarylB
10 Dec 2014, 22:49
Yes, he posted here ..last time he gave any information, that there would be no more given .. that was it.

stretch37
11 Dec 2014, 01:38
I'd much rather it be quiet. But I agree, it's hard and I miss him too.

anotherday
11 Dec 2014, 03:24
I just miss the interaction.

renegadeangel
11 Dec 2014, 11:30
Do you think he misses the supposed fans that take a poke at him for every little thing?
Do you think he misses reading how he should be doing this or that differently?
Do you think he misses having his every comment dissected to nth degree?
He is probably so focused on what he is doing now that he can't be bothered with this type of distraction

GDW
11 Dec 2014, 15:01
He might be busy decorating the tree.:-)

CarylB
11 Dec 2014, 17:25
Do you think he misses the supposed fans that take a poke at him for every little thing?
He is probably so focused on what he is doing now that he can't be bothered with this type of distraction

I think that is why we got no videos after HCTB .. and also why we had even less interaction than we did for HIAH on the current one. When he's ready to make an announcement he will.

PanicLord
11 Dec 2014, 20:01

Precisely!

anotherday
12 Dec 2014, 00:05
Wow I wasnt trying to nitPICK or presume that he NEEDS TO GIVE US ALL THE INFO. I just miss it, is all. I didn't expect my throat to be jumped down :'(

stretch37
12 Dec 2014, 01:35

This is clearly not what the OP was getting at...it was more about feeling saddened by missing Meat - a perfectly natural feeling that places no fault on anyone....If someone chooses to take missing them as pressure, then they are obviously a very negative person....Assuming you wrote this as a general thought not something aimed at this thread. Some context would probably help from upsetting others....

CarylB
12 Dec 2014, 02:52
This is clearly not what the OP was getting at...it was more about feeling saddened by missing Meat - a perfectly natural feeling that places no fault on anyone....If someone chooses to take missing them as pressure, then they are obviously a very negative person....Assuming you wrote this as a general thought not something aimed at this thread. Some context would probably help from upsetting others....

I don't think anyone was jumping down anybody's throat .. nor did I see anything in the post you quoted, and with which I and several others agreed, that suggested "missing Meat" was a pressure .. it referred to history .. and the fact is that in the past
* there HAVE been some who have taken a poke at him for every little thing
* he HAS had to read how he should be doing this or that differently
* some HAVE dissected his every comment to the nth degree

Sometimes he must feel he can't do right for wrong .. across a broad range of his business and work. I'm not going to detail some of the rough rides he's had here because you'll remember them, and to mention them would be to start the whole thing over again .. but it's covered a wide spectrum of things he's done, decisions he's made, work he's undertaken, even his character, when those responsible know nothing about the background to them. And lest you react .. I am not suggesting any of this is aimed at you :)

I honestly think the general context was fairly obvious, and addressed Meat's silence on the recording of the album, and his not visiting since he said he would be saying no more about it until it was ready for release. That it may be a minority that indulge in the activities Renegade Angel referred to is just one of those things. It must be endlessly frustrating to be excited and enthusiastic about your work and meet it from any of your fans.

And this does address directly the OP (now I've worked put what it means ;) ). Most of us loved the videos Meat posted during the recording of HCTB .. but remember the apple pie video? I am not surprised he decided to keep his own counsel during the recording of this album. Of course we miss him .. but his world is full of things we know nothing about. When he's ready to talk he will .. and we can welcome him, support him and be fans :-)

renegadeangel
12 Dec 2014, 13:53

It was in no way meant as a shot at anyone. It was an opinion. I would rather he post here as well but recent history shows what happens when he does...

renegadeangel
12 Dec 2014, 13:55
Wow I wasnt trying to nitPICK or presume that he NEEDS TO GIVE US ALL THE INFO. I just miss it, is all. I didn't expect my throat to be jumped down :'(

Never said you were. It wasn't meant as a shot at you in any form. If you took it that way than my apologies for that.

PanicLord
12 Dec 2014, 17:39
Lol yes well done. This is a perfectly crafted example of why people don't post.

anotherday
13 Dec 2014, 02:24
Thanks all. Just sad that we never hear from him anymore! I ENJOYED his participation and insight and information about older songs/albums

PanicLord
13 Dec 2014, 08:25
Thanks all. Just sad that we never hear from him anymore! I ENJOYED his participation and insight and information about older songs/albums

Agreed!

Dave
13 Dec 2014, 17:28
Well...another project came and went without any type of announcement from the Meat Loaf camp...

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/wishin-and-hopin

Yes, it was mentioned here by fans, but not a Facebook or Twitter post about it.

It is odd...

Adje
13 Dec 2014, 17:30
Ha it has Chevy Chase in it. Who, imo plays in the best Holiday movie to date (NL Christmas Vacation) :D

Dave
13 Dec 2014, 17:37
Ha it has Chevy Chase in it. Who, imo plays in the best Holiday movie to date (NL Christmas Vacation) :D

I know, right? I am going to see Christmas Vacation at the movie theater on the big screen tonight....so excited!

Wario
22 Dec 2014, 18:57
DOnt worry about it, it was pretty bad.

Meat looked and sounded like he was sick, was only in three scenes, and disappeared at the start of the finale for no reason and never reappeared.

the plot was a rehash Christmas Story with a Narrator but set in a catholic school.

I guess the only good scene was with meat in the confessional where a kid confessed to fantasizing about his cousin.

Not good.

heres a screenshot:
http://media.mlxxfc.net/Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 8.47.47 PM.png

anotherday
22 Dec 2014, 22:45
LIFETIME movies have been snoozeville for ages.

Elijah's way
29 Dec 2014, 00:26
I wonder if there's going to be a single with a video this time?

anotherday
29 Dec 2014, 00:30
I wonder if there's going to be a single with a video this time?

I HOPE SO. One last great single/video to round out Meat/Steinman's legacy

stretch37
29 Dec 2014, 01:09
I HOPE SO. One last great single/video to round out Meat/Steinman's legacy

I hope so too! Just hope its not the last.

loaferman61
29 Dec 2014, 19:54
A video would be great but I can't see too many places to screen it to a large audience. Since MTV and VH1 became anything but music channels I can't remember the last music video I saw on broadcast or cable TV.