PDA

View Full Version : 82.Do It!

White of High
20 Jul 2003, 19:58
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!

Do It! (4)

I will be very evil. I like this song... sometimes. When you're staring out of your head without reflections and you want to break and lay to the world you can enjoy it. I love it when I'm walking on the street and there I'm alone. I think you know what about I say...

But Meat! What is it? Is it music? It's a rolling, breaking... crazy song. Without melody, without essence. It's only a mood. I hope Meat never do same songs later.

My score: 4

Average: 7.13 (199.5/28 )

Wild_Honey
20 Jul 2003, 20:10
To be honest, I don't like it at all. 2/10

Dick
20 Jul 2003, 20:47
To be honest i actually love this song i give it 9/10.

Dick

tukayaway
20 Jul 2003, 20:50
Am I the only one who likes this song? Maybe it's because I like the modern music too. If Meat was born 25 later, you would probably hear him singing like this.

7/10.

White of High
20 Jul 2003, 20:51
I knew it's an ambivalent song. Somebody gives 2, other 9!
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style? When he is 55... become hard rocker or metaler?

Puritan
20 Jul 2003, 21:01
I seem to recollect Meat saying somewhere "that we don't get it". In my case I obviously don't. I don't understand it. I am not that keen on it though I don't dislike it enough to skip the track. I suppose one good thing about the track is that it is at least very short. :) I have seen the song performed live which was an experience visually but even so I still can't get enthusiastic about the song itself. I'll give it 5 out of 10

Wild_Honey
20 Jul 2003, 21:07
I knew it's an ambivalent song. Somebody gives 2, other 9!
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style? When he is 55... become hard rocker or metaler?

I think it's not his style and I hope he won't do songs like that again. :?

Wild_Honey
20 Jul 2003, 21:08
...Okay, the only thing I like about it is "Bag it up, bag it up!" :wink:

evil nickname
20 Jul 2003, 21:42
When I heard the new album for the first time, I was hugely disappointed with it. Out of all the songs, there was just one song that immediatly grabbed my attention. And, as you might guess, that was "Do It!".

Lyrically, I don't have a clue what it's supposed to be about.
Musically, it's a big stap away from anything Meat has ever recorded. Distorted vocals and guitars, heavy (triggered?) drums, and it has a bit of an 'electro goth' feel to it. Somewhat reminsent of The Sisters of Mercy and Rammstein.
In my review of LYOL I said that that was propably the hardest song on the album, but I stand corrected. "Do It!" puts the beat right in face, and keeps it there for the full 2.36 seconds. Its heavy, and that's good, or so I think.

This is propably the song which would prove everyone who says that "Meat Loaf always sounds the same" wrong. In fact, I threw in "Do It!" withouth mentioning it was by Meat, and the person I forced it upon was highly surprised. (he even admitted that CHSIB was "not a bad album" later on)

But for a rating... it may be obvious I like this song, but I don't think it is one of Meat's best songs. It's not up there with FCOL, Objects, Anything For Love, Bat, etc.
I don't think it is the best on the album, but it is one of the two songs I enjoy the most (the other being DIST?), so I really don't know what to give it. So let's do some math:
Enjoyment + Song = Overall
9 + 7 = 16

16/2=8

8/10 then.

Jayd
20 Jul 2003, 21:50
I think it is brave of Meat to try something modern, not saying that his songs are outdated but trying something along the lines of Red Hot Chilli Peppers among others. I like this song and I hope I hear more from Meat, Album 9/10, Live 100/10 bl**dy brilliant live. :D

Testify
20 Jul 2003, 22:40
tis an ok track. i give it 7/10

Bren
20 Jul 2003, 23:23
I like Do It, it makes me smile.I liked it the first time i heard it ..i still like it.I never reach for the skip button.
I admire Meat Loaf for trying something different, we all know and love what Meat has done up 'til now.In order to "Grow" or improve you need the challenge of the new and different, It's the challenge of the new that makes something interesting and exciting to do. I admire him for it
don't know how i'd rate it though..will think about it and get back to you.

Bren

7/10

Terri
20 Jul 2003, 23:29
Certainly different for Meat!

I'm not sure what to rate it.........I do like it.........but each time I hear it my views change :? .........have to think about this one!!!!!!

It's decided
7/10..... at the moment!

dottie
21 Jul 2003, 10:20
Absolutely hated this song for quite a while, 'it was to different', but now I don't skip this track I let it run, but will never be a favourite

6/10

mariella
21 Jul 2003, 10:38
First time I heard this one, I was sure I would never like it. Thought it was 'just a lot of noise' and Way too fast. At some point, I realised I had to be in a certain mood for this one. There is so much energy in this song and it's very funny.
When I am very tired I do not want to hear this one, and skip it.
But, at other times, I play this one over and over again.
So, how do I rate it? Difficult!

Think it would be somewhere between 5 (tired) and 9 ('other' times).

7/10 (Thank you, Evil!)

Mariella

heat
22 Jul 2003, 10:27
For me, this is second only to 'Martha', which i absolutely detest. I really just can't get into this song at all. I think it's cos it remind me of the Huggues napies advert - i keep expecting Meat to shout 'DO IT...DO IT...DO IT IN HUGGIES!!!!!'

I applaud Meat for trying something completely different, but for me, this is way off the mark.

1/10

Bart
22 Jul 2003, 10:38
i liked it from the start. i like the beat and especially the vocals. The vocals are extraordinary. Strong, fast and loud. I like the guitar in the background and the very funny sounden "dooo itt"!"from the backling vocalist justy before the guitarsolo starts. It rocks! I like it. Domn, i like it :D :D :D :D

Bart
22 Jul 2003, 10:39
8/10

Michel
06 Aug 2003, 00:21
I hate this song. I always skip it. I don't think it is Meat (sorry Meat, I know that you don't like it when I'm saying this).

I think this is a song you love it or you hate it.

My score: 2

Tim
06 Aug 2003, 00:48
Like this song. Powerfull, nice, funny...... great!!

7/10

Shane
13 Aug 2003, 06:29
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style?

Yes, I think it is. To see why, you have to look past the rhythm, past the sound of the song, to what we know about Meat and what of his personality is present in the song.

I have said elsewhere that when I hear the song, I don't hear the rap, I don't hear the so-called `different sound'. What I hear (and pay attention to) is that classic Meat Loaf energy that we all know him for. It's a short and hard burst of energy like when he played the last minute or so of All Revved Up in Storytellers at the beginning. He kind of explained it in Storytellers, it's like the coach giving you a pep talk in the changing rooms before a game, "Are you ready to go out there and kick some ass!!!!!!" (or something like that, he says). So to me it makes sense that he's put it at the beginning of the set list every night. To me, this is just as much Meat Loaf as any other song you could possibly name as being `Meat'.

But on the other hand, I don't regard it as `serious' or an analyst's song, like FCOL or BAT or anything like that. I don't put it in the same category. That's not to say that it's not as good. It's just a good, fun, energetic song first and foremost.

I put it on to try to motivate myself when I am in a lethargic or procrastinating mood. That, and Kasim Sulton's "Sacrifice" are two songs that get my A into G.

8/10

Crystal Eyes
13 Aug 2003, 20:28
First time I heard this song I thought 'what the hell is this?' but now I've come to like it more. It's not the best of Meat's songs but I like the fact it goes for a different sound. I have to agree with Shane now though it still has Meat loaf in it. It's got his energy as he said and it still retains a trace of Meat's style which is good.

I give it 7.5/10.

RSG
13 Aug 2003, 20:38
I heard my brother play this song the other day, the ending of it anyway. And him and his friend (12 yrs of age) were going, Bag it up, bag it up. I liked it. I told him to play it again. He did, and then I realized it was Meat Loaf, lol. This song is 10\10. Me and my friend AJ always, say when we're bored, can you hear Meat Loaf singing a rap\hip hop type of song. And I always said no, but he's capable, but he wouldn't. If I ever bring Meat Loaf up in a conversation, he will always say, to kid around, "oh you mean Meat and or Loaf, lol. And i'll kinda go yea, lol. AJ likes some of his Meat songs, and he says that CHSIB single is catchy. He is more of EMINEM\DMX\JA RULE type of thing. I used to like some of it, now personally it bugs me. I am strictly rock n roll, from any decade now, pretty much. MEAT LOAF, is over all favourite, and always will be. Go MEAT!!!! this song is a 10\10. And the guy that does the SOLO, you are awesome!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get this album. September I remember. : D for two reasons, the CD Couldn't Have Said It Better. And a Sum 41 concert!!! YAA. 10 out of 10, great song. If BAT III is his last album, I can assure us all, there won't be a song like this on the album, cause JIM, (i think, doesn't write stuff like that). But Meat surprised us, Jim is going to surprise us with something too. I know it.
One last thing, this song just inspired me to do something, I always wanted to do. But always second thoughted it. But now its official, I Anthony Eatman, am going to be an artist. I badly want to be a singer of course, and hope someday, I could do a song of Jim Steinman's. Any song, even if its 2 minutes long. Hey and maybe Meat could do a duet with me, lol. He'd probably laugh at the idea, cause i'm 16, and he's 51, lol. But no matter what, I will be an artist, whether I'm successful or not, I want to be out there for at least, a little while. And hope to have an album as big as Welcome To The Neighborhood. Cause only true heroes like Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman, can have an album as big As Bat Out Of Hell!!!!

Bart
14 Aug 2003, 14:33
Meat was doing some rap at the concert in Amsterdam back in April. It was very funny. :lol: :D 8)

Keab42
29 Aug 2003, 23:18
from all the reviews i heard of this song i thought it was going to be dreadful, but when i heard it i loved it. i think that it's great the Meat has tried something new, and i think it works very well.

well done Meat.

9/10

Quigmo
25 Oct 2003, 14:07
Man, this song ROCKS!
I won't pretend to understand it, I don't have to, 'cause I like it.
10/10

RSG
03 Nov 2003, 04:24
Yes, it is Meat's style. Its perfect, I rate a lotta songs this way, but its truely Amazing (look above). It's a small song I know. The title of the song is Do It! And that's what the song is about. "By stakin your fakin, put your reputatioin to it." So its not a direct quote, but it goes something like that. Great song, glad its here. :P It is indeed different, but think about it. Read those words, mainly the first verse. It is a fun song, you HAVE to rock with it. Verses are the right length, could there have been more, depends, what the righter had in mind.

Miriam
27 Nov 2003, 13:46
Love this song, it has power, its loud, it rocks, love to hear it as loud as my ears can bear it. 10/10

PanicLord
27 Nov 2003, 19:06
I don't usually like this style of music, and of course it is nothing like Meat's normal style, but I think that's why I like this song so much!

It's fast and furious, and it shows that Meat is even more talented than we all thought! His first released song like this, and he sounds like a natural!

Great one Meat, surprised us, but delighted us!

9/10!

jcmoorehead
30 Nov 2003, 20:36
Its an alright Song i suppose. It takes a bit of listening to and I can imagine the Live Version being a Lot Better.

I'm going to say 6/10.

allrevvedup
30 Nov 2003, 22:04
A song that's totally unexpected for Meat, but not a bad song.

6/10

Wild_Honey
30 Nov 2003, 23:11
I must admit that my attitude to this song has changed a little and right now I'd give it a 9/10. :D

Tasha
01 Dec 2003, 12:10
I'm afraid it's my least favourite on the album, and has been from the first hearing, and now I always skip it.

kaz
01 Dec 2003, 12:37
not a fav 7/10

Skeleton
02 Dec 2003, 14:42
When I listen to this song at first time I didnīt like it at all, but now itīs pretty good. 7/10

Michel
02 Dec 2003, 16:33
I'm afraid it's my least favourite on the album, and has been from the first hearing, and now I always skip it.

You are not the only one. :lol:

nowherefast
03 Dec 2003, 20:53
I used to hate it and always skip it while listening to it on the album but it is a bit better live.
6/10

LukeEdwards999
03 Dec 2003, 22:48
Wow this song has confused me. I have to admit this was the only song on the album that I occasionally skipped, it just didnt' 'do anything' for me like all the other songs did. But now I've read the comments about it, and listened to it a few more times, I must admit I am starting to like it...Still not all too keen on it though. The live version is great, simply because it's live, and I have a thing about live versions of songs (I usually like them no matter what song it is).

5/10 (but could gradually increase over time...)

black dog
03 Dec 2003, 23:37
Just put this song on. It's definately my least favourite song from the album. Don't skip it but never repeat it. I have a habit of repeating tracks I'm really enjoying.

Shells

needmoremeat
24 Dec 2003, 19:52
For me, this is second only to 'Martha', which i absolutely detest. I really just can't get into this song at all. I think it's cos it remind me of the Huggues napies advert - i keep expecting Meat to shout 'DO IT...DO IT...DO IT IN HUGGIES!!!!!'

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great, I've got to go to church tonight with that rolling around in my head :D :roll:
I'm not that keen on it. :? I think it could have done without the synth on his voice,I would have been a bit kinder. I love his voice the way it is, natural, without any technical input. At the Telewest I enjoyed it, but that's about it. I don't skip it tho :)
Incidentally, that "bag it up" part reminds me of that geri haliwel song :roll: [Cringe!!!!] :D

Tim
26 Dec 2003, 12:19
Live this song is great!!! It really rocks and sounds great. Special the great drum in the song!!!

7.8/10

Michel
26 Dec 2003, 13:55
You vote for the 2nd time. :lol:

Tim
27 Dec 2003, 18:15
You vote for the 2nd time. :lol:

I know that Michel, but if people vote unfair, well, i vote 2 times. hahaha.

Michel
27 Dec 2003, 18:57
If you vote two times, I will do it also.

I still hate this song.

My score: 0,5/10

mariella
27 Dec 2003, 19:40
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't suppose you will let me vote for Testify again!?...sure would like to give it another 11/10 :lol:
No serious, maybe it is an idea to vote for the CHSIB songs again. To see if people feel different, after hearing the songs more often?

xxx

Mariella

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 02:43
The first time I heard it I thought: "What is that?" 8O
I thought it was a kind of interlude like "45 seconds of ecstasy"... for a third part of the album!
And I've been wondering that 'till 17th november: "What is that?"

'cause I couldn't sing it... too fast for me... I couldn't understand the lyrics and even less their meaning...

BUT once I saw Meat performing it on stage I've been hooked! really! I do like this song! I still can't sing it... too fast! (btw it's the only song I didn't sing at Wembley!) BUT live it's awesome! and it's a very good choice after the "Wasted Youth" Speech! it warms the audience!

7/10

White of High
28 Dec 2003, 12:24
Tim, Michel!
Maybe I won't count with the new rates...

[RDH]draconia
26 Jan 2004, 12:15
like an idiot and will most likly be very embarised :oops: :oops: :oops:
what album is Do it on

p.s sorry about my spelling :evil:

BadAttitude
26 Jan 2004, 12:21
It's on the CHSIB album it's on the disc that says chapter two 5th song on the CD set that I have.

~Autumn~

Sparky
26 Jan 2004, 12:22
When I heard "Do It!" for the first time, I just thought: "What the hell? I can't believe this is Meat Loaf!"
But now I have to say, the more often I hear it, the more I like it. Especially since I heard the song live in Munich.

My score: 9

Bart
26 Jan 2004, 12:24
I still like it. No, now i love it. 8,5/10. Finally i know the lyrics. I am able to sing along now 8)

[RDH]draconia
26 Jan 2004, 12:27
DOH!!!!!
thanks so much

Michel
26 Jan 2004, 18:26
I will never learn the lyrics of that song.

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 13:32
hi

for those of us meat fans what do u think of DO IT live at concerts ???

i love that when he comes on with band members in their green faces

when some rows back i liked tryin to look for him hard too see in the dark but what a performance by u meatloaf and ur band

also great voice

bbfn matt

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 13:36
I thought it was soooo cool!! But they didnt do the second verse when i saw them!! I like the second verse!

"In a tax free zone down a tin can alley
Theresa a slipper girl thing and a man named sally!!
They were talk talk talking bout a clever little coffin nail!!"
Heehee!!!!

I want one of those masks!!

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 13:49
hi helen

doesnt look like it will be on the dvd but hopes its coming out on cd

in his aussie tou he didnt do DO IT i dont think

but hey i saw him twice this year wembley 17th nov (the colaspse) and the re date 22nd jan was brill

he always will be brill

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 13:56
hi helen

doesnt look like it will be on the dvd but hopes its coming out on cd

in his aussie tou he didnt do DO IT i dont think

but hey i saw him twice this year wembley 17th nov (the colaspse) and the re date 22nd jan was brill

he always will be brill

I know!! It's a shame really! I wish they had only a few clips from the rest of the tour on special features or somthing!!

I only saw him once, Manchester 17th december!! It was the greatest night of my life!!! I just wish I had gone to atleast one more!!

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 14:03
id say with bat 3 coming soon hell be back in uk in what will be his last tour im sure we havnt seen the last of him

even thought this tour was called the last world tour

im sure if he comes back and tours again hell mite do DO IT one more time

MEAT WE MISS U ALREADY

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 14:08
I'm just going to wait and see what happens in the future!! *sigh*

Loafy Meats
05 Mar 2004, 14:36
I really liked this one live - it was done really well and a fantastic opening to the show. I used to skip the song on the cd - but now I tend to put it on first and then start the cd, so I must have really liked it........ :lol: It just reminds me of the concert - I went a bit insane at it - the nerves and excitement of seeing Meat just erupted when the song came on.....

Mike Piercy
05 Mar 2004, 14:53
Must say I agree, also used to skip it. But live you can see where/how it all fits. It can only be used as an opener though don't you think?

Mike

Winston
05 Mar 2004, 15:03
is it even done live.....i don't think it is....but it's a great for opening up the concert though...looks good on stage.

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 15:17
omg winston how can u even say it mite be taped

no way he sings all his concert songs live

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 15:28
omg winston how can u even say it mite be taped

no way he sings all his concert songs live

No I think Winston got mixed up by everyone saying that they like it live! No it hasn't been done live on cd yet! But I hope they taped it from one of the concerts to put on a cd!

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 15:40
hels i agree with u hun

would be nice to hear or see it one more time live on dvd or cd

Winston
05 Mar 2004, 16:00
Thanks for not reading my mind helena....I did say I don't think Do It is sung live at the concerts....thats my opinion....I have seen it done and watched meat and he clearly pulls away from the mike during some of it...Again thats my opinion of it..

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 16:03
Thanks for not reading my mind helena....I did say I don't think Do It is sung live at the concerts....thats my opinion....I have seen it done and watched meat and he clearly pulls away from the mike during some of it...Again thats my opinion of it..

Sorry, lol, trust me to have blonde moments in all the wrong places!! :roll: :wink:

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 16:09
winston dont forget he has his other band members to sing when hes not

hes still got good voice matey

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 16:12
This isnt going to turn into another clash of the opinions is it??? :cry:

Winston
05 Mar 2004, 16:14
well matt it's kinda hard not too notice that the band are walking around the stage during the song...so unless they put the mikes in their pockets...then i don't see how the whole song is done live......some of it is probably done live (vocals)...but i'm only saying what i saw pal...

This isnt going to turn into another clash of the opinions is it??? :cry:
:wtf:

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 16:15
hope not

this thread was about DO IT and what u think of it played at a live concert

only meat can say

i belive he sings it live

Mr Loaf
05 Mar 2004, 16:18
I saw Meat at Wembley in January (24th) and I will say that at the time both myself and my partner said that we didn't think Do It had been performed live. It is the one song, in our opinion, that was played from a recording. But I did also say that this was because it is a very difficult song to sing live because of it's pace, especially given the condition Meat was in.

That said, it was still a great way to open the show and the whole concert was great - and every other song was of course performed live

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 16:23
I saw Meat at Wembley in January (24th) and I will say that at the time both myself and my partner said that we didn't think Do It had been performed live. It is the one song, in our opinion, that was played from a recording. But I did also say that this was because it is a very difficult song to sing live because of it's pace, especially given the condition Meat was in.

That said, it was still a great way to open the show and the whole concert was great - and every other song was of course performed live

I know what your saying about its a difficult song to sing live, but I still think it was done live because Meat said a while ago that the only thing that was recorded was the wasted youth speech and the took the words speech etc and he said everythng else was live, and you know he's all about honesty isnt he!
#Oh well if it was great if it wasnt then i was still a great opening!!

Winston
05 Mar 2004, 16:28
I'm with 'Mr Loaf' on this one...each to their own though.

Mr Loaf
05 Mar 2004, 16:30

I know what your saying about its a difficult song to sing live, but I still think it was done live because Meat said a while ago that the only thing that was recorded was the wasted youth speech and the took the words speech etc and he said everythng else was live, and you know he's all about honesty isnt he!
#Oh well if it was great if it wasnt then i was still a great opening!!

As I am new to this, I'm not too sure of his comments. Did Meat say this before or after his rescheduled shows ?
He is all about honesty - except for when he said that this was the first time he sang FCOL live since 77. I saw him sing the whole thing live in Birmingham in '99 - and he said exactly the same thing then ! But thats what he's all about - entertaining people and making them feel that he is doing things especially for his fans
And it was a great opening - live or not

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 16:46
He is all about honesty - except for when he said that this was the first time he sang FCOL live since 77. I saw him sing the whole thing live in Birmingham in '99 - and he said exactly the same thing then !

I guess it just one of those things that happen to men they get older!! heehee :wink: A great example is my dad, but thats just another bag of beans!!

Mr Loaf
05 Mar 2004, 16:51
He is all about honesty - except for when he said that this was the first time he sang FCOL live since 77. I saw him sing the whole thing live in Birmingham in '99 - and he said exactly the same thing then !

I guess it just one of those things that happen to men they get older!! heehee :wink: A great example is my dad, but thats just another bag of beans!!

Well what can I say to that ?

Can't remember !!

LostSoul
05 Mar 2004, 16:56
IMO at the beginning of the tour it was 100% live and during the tour it changed.

Sometimes it's live.
Sometimes he sings live 1 verse out of 2.
Sometimes it's the tape.

It's what my ears percieved! but I'm maybe wrong!

I guess there are different reasons for that, including the difficulty to sing it and Meat's particular condition at some shows...

But who cares? that's so cool on stage! 8)

Patricia
... love Do It! live or not! 8)

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 16:57

Can't remember !!

:lmao:!!! heehee!! There there, it'll be alright after your 5th nap of the day!! :wink:

The Flying Mouse
05 Mar 2004, 16:58
:twisted: Movin this over to Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts :wink:
You guys are keeping me busy today :lol:

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 17:00
:twisted: Movin this over to Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts :wink:
You guys are keeping me busy today :lol:

And it's only 4 o clock!! It's gonna be a long night for you Mouse!! :twisted:

Mr Loaf
05 Mar 2004, 17:04

Can't remember !!

:lmao:!!! heehee!! There there, it'll be alright after your 5th nap of the day!! :wink:

Very true - but I finish work soon, so I can wake up then !! :wink:

mattloaf
05 Mar 2004, 17:06
hey all thanx for great response all ready

hope meat can see this great thread

keep posting

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 17:08

Can't remember !!

Very true - but I finish work soon, so I can wake up then !! :wink:

Lol!!! :zzz:

The Flying Mouse
05 Mar 2004, 17:13
:twisted: Live chat merged with the original Do It thread :wink:
A mod's work is never done :roll: :lol:

Heli
05 Mar 2004, 17:18
hey all thanx for great response all ready

hope meat can see this great thread

keep posting

I think it's great that it's higly civilised!! This is one of the reasons why i love this site!!

Oh Happy days!!

KebLou
26 Mar 2004, 19:13
I love it so I will give it a 9/10. My friend gives 6/10 (because its by Meat Loaf if it had been by someone else it would have been 8/10).

mattloaf
04 Apr 2004, 11:56
tell u wat over the past months iv been listeing to DO IT loud on headphones and i give it a whoooping 1/10

ops i meant 10/10 lol

wat a great song it is

love to see meat bring this out on t/o/t/p

KebLou
04 Apr 2004, 12:44
I know if Meat was to bring this single out over here I think he would do quite well, he even might end up selling more albums as a result.

mattloaf
04 Apr 2004, 18:18
agreed c/h/i/s/b/m keb

its a really good song love to see it out on a single cd maybe with a video with all in a concert with there green faces

matt v

KebLou
04 Apr 2004, 18:21
yeah the green faces I loved that esp. the one on the drum kit that was the best one.

RadioMaster
08 Jul 2006, 10:36
Very strange...in every case.
Lookd to me like Meat was trying to kid some people with that song.

sunneke
08 Jul 2006, 22:38
This is just not my song

Lord Kagan
09 Jul 2006, 19:12
i love it, do es anyone know where i can get a copy of it live?

Paul191
13 Jul 2006, 14:59
It's a little odd!?! But I like it..... sometimes....

4/10

Evil One
23 Jan 2007, 23:14

White of High
29 Jan 2007, 01:03
Average: 6.87 (261/38)

Sapphire Lady
27 Jan 2008, 17:39
The guy who wrote Do It, Billy Rankin, is now a DJ on Rock Radio, Scotland's classic rock radio station. Hmmm wonder if that means he'll be playing it alot :))

Billy Rankin's biog, which mentions he wrote Do It is here:

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock_jocks/billy_rankin/

djfierce
27 Jan 2008, 18:17
liked it live but i hate it on the cd, hardly ever play it, if at all

3 :(

RadioMaster
27 Jan 2008, 21:17
i love it, do es anyone know where i can get a copy of it live?

do es? tut tut

MeatGrl1
09 Feb 2008, 11:16
1/10

I really don't like this one...

RSG
11 Feb 2008, 15:27
10, I Really enjoy this one, its just so loud, and alotta fun. I hear its either on the record or live. But a guitar is hooked up into the keyboard for different effects. I think it might explain the sounds we hear near the end of this recording. And some fine drum work, I might add. Bag it up!!

Benny
22 Feb 2008, 22:21
I'd loved Do It live. The intro to the CHSIB tour was AMAZING. The Wasted Youth Speech, followed by Do It was amazing!!! Loved it...

Loud, I like!
10/10

Battybarb
25 Feb 2008, 09:41
i really love CHSIBM album,Do It is not my fav but very good 9/10.the tour was excellent

RichieBoy
25 Feb 2008, 13:52
Great for the tour, like Benny said worked well for the intro - but as a song to listen to 0/10 - one of the very few that will get skipped when it comes on!

Heg19
02 Mar 2008, 12:18
not one of my favorites i can hardly tell what he's say but i bet it was good live!