PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 13. Surf's Up

Garrett
20 Jul 2003, 14:08
Videos: Surf's Up

Wow, what an excellent typical Steinman video. It's dark and mystical, but also fulla romance. You can see Meat sitting at a table in an old magnificent ballroom. But it seems, that it's a long time ago since this hall was left, because there are cobwebs everywhere, even on his clothes. Hey Meat, you look really good with your pony tail. :lol: Suddenly the scene changes and Meat sits on the table in a bar or a kinda disco, with dancing people in the background. There, he recognizes a woman in the crowd, but rage has Meat and he smashes the glass table to pieces. Maybe it's because of the disappointed love. But my favourite scene of the video is the last one. The woman stands at the top of a cliff on a rocky shore by night. She wears a white wedding dress. Then, Meat enters that scene and embraces her, while the full moon is shining at the starry sky and lightnings flash at the far horizon. And the waves are pounding against the cliffs. The video to "Surf's Up" is one of the very bests, Meat ever did! It's a masterpiece!!!

9/10

Frying Pan
20 Jul 2003, 15:04
Yeah I like it, especially the last scene with the waves pounding against the rocks, it reminds me of the Bad For Good videos.

8/10

Testify
20 Jul 2003, 16:10
i havent seen it :cry: :cry: help!!

Sue K
20 Jul 2003, 16:52
...oh my..i've never seen it either..but it sounds wonderful...

tink...XO

Puritan
20 Jul 2003, 17:25
I have seen this video and the bit I remember well is the waves pounding on the rocks towards the end. That obviously seemed to fit in well with the song title!

Can't really rate it because I don't have a copy of it and my memory is not that good! If anyone wants to volunteer to do me a copy on video tape that would be great - please private message me - I can always offer a copy of the "Getting Away With Murder" video on tape in exchange.

Tim
21 Jul 2003, 00:46
Never seen this vid, so i'm very curious... where can i find it??? How can i get hold of it??? And some other old vids from old songs, where can i find them.... or trade, buy them????

the Butcher

White of High
21 Jul 2003, 10:06
I've never seen too. I think Meat should allow that the site-makers put some unacquire relics on that we could download them... We wil never see the video of Surf's Up.

Garrett
21 Jul 2003, 13:26
I've seen the whole video to "Surf's Up" two times on a german music channel on TV, but it's nearly three years ago. It was part of a special rock event there, where they showed 100 rock-videos from the 80s at one day. If you wanna see two short clips of it, click here http://www.republic-of-loafdom.com/Media/Video/Music%20Videos/MusicVideos.htm But the quality isn't that good.

Evan
21 Jul 2003, 17:03
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Steinman had anything to do with the making of this video, never the less, it's just as odd as if he actually did involve himself. The beginning with Meat in black and white at that table is very weird but the ending is great. The scene with the waves pounding on the sand clearly plays out the imagery that Steinman put forth into the song's lyrics. One of my favorite Meat videos.

9/10

Cathie
21 Jul 2003, 23:05
Thanks for posting the link Garrett, I really enjoyed watching the clips. I love the scene at the end, very powerful. Now all I've got to do is hunt down a copy of the whole thing...

Vickip
22 Jul 2003, 01:35
I've seen the whole video to "Surf's Up" two times on a german music channel on TV, but it's nearly three years ago. It was part of a special rock event there, where they showed 100 rock-videos from the 80s at one day. If you wanna see two short clips of it, click here http://www.republic-of-loafdom.com/Media/Video/Music%20Videos/MusicVideos.htm But the quality isn't that good.

Hi Garrett :)

Thanks for posting the link to my clips :)
Unfortunately you're right about the quality - I have the video, but it's a copy of a copy after it's been converted from PAL to NTSC, and it's not very good. If someone has a better copy, I'd love to see it :)

Thanks
Vicki

Garrett
22 Jul 2003, 11:21

Unfortunately you're right about the quality - I have the video, but it's a copy of a copy after it's been converted from PAL to NTSC, and it's not very good. If someone has a better copy, I'd love to see it :)

Thanks
Vicki

I just miss a clip of "Getting Away With Murder" on your site. But never mind, I have it on tape at home.

Vickip
23 Jul 2003, 00:10

Thanks
Vicki

I just miss a clip of "Getting Away With Murder" on your site. But never mind, I have it on tape at home.

I'm glad you mentioned that .. I had to set up the page again when we changed servers, and forgot to repost that clip :) Thanks for the reminder!
Vicki

White of High
24 Apr 2004, 11:45
Please, if ínhybody has got this video on CD, DVD or VHS say me! I reaaly wanna get this video. It will be one of my great dream... come true!

rockfenris2005
24 Apr 2004, 11:56
Do you think it's possible somebody could put ALL of the OTHER ML songs (the ones that are not on Hits Out of Hell and BAT 2: Picture Show) and send them to me via. a DVD? I've wanted to see half of those for 10 years (ever since I've been a Meat Loaf fan) and finally knowing that you people have copies is a blessing. If anyone wants to help, send me a PM.

Thank you

LostSoul
24 Apr 2004, 22:12
Surf's Up got a video?
I wish I could see that one too... Surf's Up is one of my favorites songs ever! 8)

Patricia