PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 12. Modern Girl

Garrett
17 Jul 2003, 13:00
Videos: Modern Girl

This is a typical american video, it's very patriotic. And it's also a very typical and simple 80s video. But still good. It lets you feel a touch of freedom and it's fulla youthful rebellion. It seems to me, that the video was shot at on old industrial compound. You can see many old and ruined buildings there. Meat and his gang are driving around with his motorbikes and at one scene by night, Meat walks on the roof of a truck. I've watched the video very attentive and I recognised, that there are a few household appliances in the background, such like a vacuum cleaner or an iron. And one moment in the video, those devices are very big, as big as buildings. And there are modern girls, who are very violent to those household appliances. They beat them and try to smash them to dust. That is funny, but it suits the song. The video and the song both are like a campaign fighting for the equal rights of women, because modern girls don't belong behind the stove in the kitchen all day long.

7/10

White of High
17 Jul 2003, 13:46
I hate this song! Yes, it's patriotic. And this video made with a little estimate. When the motorcyclist's knocking down the camera...

My score: 5

Testify
17 Jul 2003, 16:35
i have never seen the vid, love the song tho. Do you know where i can watch it?

The Flying Mouse
17 Jul 2003, 18:06
:twisted: I haven't seen the vid either :( .
Would some kind soul volenteer to make a copy for me?

Garrett
17 Jul 2003, 18:44
If you have ICQ, then it's no problem. You can get it on www.icq.com If you've installed it, let me know. Then I will tell you what to do.

White of High
17 Jul 2003, 20:25
And sometimes you can find it on KaZaA!

Michel
17 Jul 2003, 20:32
Good acting, but I don't like the video.

My score:5

The Flying Mouse
18 Jul 2003, 15:27
:twisted: Sorry Garrett,I have no idea what a ICQ is or what you do with it.
I have a video,and I can't even set the clock on that :oops: .
My DVD player plays VCD's.
(hint hint :lol: )

RSG
14 Aug 2003, 07:51
I have a lot of Meat videos, until I can afford to buy, the actual music videos, then I have these ones. Yea want one, ask me. : D but I don't know how I can send it through computer, modern girl out of 18 others? i have : D

Tim
26 Aug 2003, 01:04
I've seen the video.. and it is hilarious... Very funny, Meat on a truck, etc.
Love it... really an 80s video clip.

7/10

dottie
29 Aug 2003, 21:41
I can see this video in my minds eye as soon as its mentioned, for impact 10/10

RSG
17 Sep 2003, 02:52
Wow, just what I expected and more!!! :D :D :D

I pictured that mall scene, but the bikes, and everything is awesome!! :P

7.5\10

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 02:55
I never cared much for the song and didn't think the video helped it any.
5/10 Sorry just my opinion.