PDA

View Full Version : Bruuuuuuuuuuuceeee!!!!

Julie in the rv mirror
21 Nov 2011, 03:30
YES!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I am one happy girl right now!! :cheer:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon.

samurai7
21 Nov 2011, 03:52
I know what I want for Christmas this year :D

stretch37
21 Nov 2011, 03:56
Definitely going to see him if he comes to Victoria, I'm sure gonna miss Clarence though :(

melon
21 Nov 2011, 08:43
Hope he comes my way!!

AndyK
21 Nov 2011, 09:22
Yep. That's the Christmas presents dilemma sorted!

AndrewG
21 Nov 2011, 12:44
Just saw some/the dates announced in the UK already.

June
21 Sunderland Stadium of Light
22 Manchester Etihad Stadium

July
14 London Hard Rock Calling

Source (http://www.clashmusic.com/news/bruce-springsteen-2012-tour-dates)

I'm a bit disappointed it's Hard Rock Calling again. Although I enjoyed it in 2009 and Bruce was on fire I am not really a fan of the festival format as it's so busy and also I found having to listen through Dave Matthews Band one of the most boring things ever invented.

Won't be the same without Clarence. :-(

AndyK
21 Nov 2011, 13:12
Isle of Wight Festival on June 24th as well.

AndrewG
21 Nov 2011, 13:20
What are the chances of Meat joining the Hard Rock Calling and/or Isle of Wight line up?

AndyK
21 Nov 2011, 13:23
What are the chances of Meat joining the Hard Rock Calling and/or Isle of Wight line up?

I'd say non-existant, Meat's made no secrets of his desire to not play festivals in the UK again.

chairboys
21 Nov 2011, 15:29
I'd say non-existant, Meat's made no secrets of his desire to not play festivals in the UK again.

I know you've explained that before, but it is still a shame.

LucyK!
21 Nov 2011, 19:01
IMMENSE NEWS!!!

Bit disappointed to see Hard Rock up there again, the show last time was phenominal but queue and then stand for 5 hours before Bruce even came on was absolutely killer, could barely walk after.

Very nervous to see Bruce and the band without the Big Man but we ain't missing it!

Wario
21 Nov 2011, 19:32
cna they even get a replacement for teh big man? or is this tour gonna be saxophonless?

AndyK
21 Nov 2011, 19:39
cna they even get a replacement for teh big man? or is this tour gonna be saxophonless?

My guess is it'll either be a full horn section (the safe bet being the Miami Horns who toured with him in '89) or Jake Clemons (Clarence's nephew who's travelled with them as a standby saxophonist over the last few years), or both!

LucyK!
21 Nov 2011, 19:48
If he's going to "replace" then I'd prefer it to be Jake rather than the Miami Horns, but to be honest I'd rather see altered arrangements of the songs with Clarence's parts replaced with guitar or piano solos - no-one can replace Clarence so don't try, arrange something different in his absense

Julie in the rv mirror
21 Nov 2011, 21:33
If he's going to "replace" then I'd prefer it to be Jake rather than the Miami Horns, but to be honest I'd rather see altered arrangements of the songs with Clarence's parts replaced with guitar or piano solos - no-one can replace Clarence so don't try, arrange something different in his absense

I think the horn section would add a lot more versatility than just a sax player- think Tenth Avenue or Kitty's Back. There could always be a sax player who could step forward for solos as needed, but I think it would be kind of awkward to have anybody, even Jake, in Clarence's place.

Altered arrangements can work for some songs- I just saw him in Pittsburgh with the Houserockers, and Sunny Day and Hungry Heart sounded just fine with no sax at all. On other songs, however, I think the sax would be sorely missed- I can't imagine Jungleland without it. (Although, he did do just that early on before the album came out). By the same token, though, I don't think he should retire the song, either; so, I don't know the answer.

LucyK!
21 Nov 2011, 23:10
In regards to the horns, it's just a personal thing that I hate horn sections lol We've seen Southside Johnny a few times and I absolutely love him but I can't stand the horns, so I'd be disappointed to see a horn section backing Bruce full time.

I definitely agree that the sax would be sorely missed on a lot of tracks - Junglelands being the perfect example - but Clarence will be sorely missed, so it could be kind of a fitting tribute to have the rest of the band play his solos....I have no idea, just happy in the confidence that whatever Bruce chooses will be entirely respectful :up:

Julie in the rv mirror
22 Nov 2011, 00:46
I have no idea, just happy in the confidence that whatever Bruce chooses will be entirely respectful :up:

Absolutely- I know he'll handle it in exactly the right way. :cool:

AndrewG
22 Nov 2011, 14:09
Bit disappointed to see Hard Rock up there again, the show last time was phenominal but queue and then stand for 5 hours before Bruce even came on was absolutely killer, could barely walk after.

Indeed. :-(

Think I might just watch the Blu Ray from 2009 again and hope to see Bruce further on up the road sometime. :|

AndyK
22 Nov 2011, 14:29

Think I might just watch the Blu Ray from 2009 again and hope to see Bruce further on up the road sometime. :|

... and us :))

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 19:07
And us?! I hope you mean watch us on the DVD rather than "and us" seeing Bruce another time!!!

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 19:07

Can't complain though, it was worth every single second, every second!!!!!

AndyK
22 Nov 2011, 19:16
And us?! I hope you mean watch us on the DVD rather than "and us" seeing Bruce another time!!!

Correct :))

samurai7
22 Nov 2011, 20:49
ok, at what point in the dvd are you guys actually in shot? I've tried looking for you, but haven't managed to spot you (yet)
I know you were there, because so was I :twisted:

AndyK
22 Nov 2011, 21:07
Look for us during Waiting On A Sunny Day,
1Gvk5HE9Xhg
When he comes to the barrier around the 2.30 to 3.25 min mark and holds the mic out for the kid to sing the chorus

Also and perhaps clearer is at the 3.29 mark here during Out In The Street
-qZbyLsiHzY

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 21:07
Definitely on during Out In The Streets, we're on the front barrier to Clarence's right (left of Clarence as you look at the stage)....there's a couple of other little glimpses but that's the best one

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 21:10
Ohh we look like hell but great to see it again! Miss Clarence :(

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 21:16
And this is one of the stunning pics that Andy took while Bruce was standing there...what a day!

http://media.mlxxfc.net/bruce.jpg

duke knooby
22 Nov 2011, 21:19
bloodyhell, how big was the crowd???

LucyK!
22 Nov 2011, 21:24
Try running to a barrier with that coming up behind you!! F*****g terrifying!!!

Julie in the rv mirror
23 Nov 2011, 05:32

I can imagine! :shock:

How early did you have to get there? It reminds me of the Harley-Davidson Anniversary show; we were there all day from about noon in 90+ degree heat. Bruce didn't hit the stage until almost 9 p.m.

Totally worth it, though, just like you said! ;)

AndyK
23 Nov 2011, 10:33
I can imagine! :shock:

How early did you have to get there?

The day before :shock:

The European system for Bruce shows is different to the pit lottery they run in the US, you turn up get your queue number and stay in the queue order for the duration, so if you're number 25, you're the 25th person to enter the arena when gates open. Usually there's a 4 hourly role call system until early afternoon on the day of the show when you've got to be back at the queue otherwise you lose your place.

For the first Dublin show last time out the queue started on the Wednesday before the Saturday show!

samurai7
23 Nov 2011, 14:13

at the Mastercard Prince's Trust Concert in 1996 I did precisely that. Front row (of 150,000 people) watching Dylan, The Who, Clapton et al.

Julie in the rv mirror
24 Nov 2011, 00:56
The day before :shock:

The European system for Bruce shows is different to the pit lottery they run in the US, you turn up get your queue number and stay in the queue order for the duration, so if you're number 25, you're the 25th person to enter the arena when gates open. Usually there's a 4 hourly role call system until early afternoon on the day of the show when you've got to be back at the queue otherwise you lose your place.

For the first Dublin show last time out the queue started on the Wednesday before the Saturday show!

Yeah, I know the systems are different, and they each have their advantages, IMO. I guess the U.S. arenas don't want people camping out, so they went to the lottery system (plus other reasons).

The Harley gig was unique (in the U.S.) in that there was no lottery. They gave out pit wristbands to the first 2,000 people in line. Once you got your wristband, you could leave and be guaranteed a spot in the pit, but not a certain place in line, i.e. you would be at the back (but still in the pit) if you came back later. We were toward the front of the line, so we decided to stay and keep our place. Once they opened the gates, there was a mad dash, naturally. :shock: Ended up a few rows deep in front of the little bump-out stage in the center (it was Bruce's regular stadium stage, unlike the Hard Rock one). :-)

It sure was a long, hot day, though!

samurai7
24 Nov 2011, 03:23
at the Mastercard Prince's Trust Concert in 1996 I did precisely that. Front row (of 150,000 people) watching Dylan, The Who, Clapton et al.

Actually, this made me finally watch the Eric Clapton live at Hyde Park DVD filmed at that gig, and sure enough, there's me (much younger and very much slimmer!) in view during Wonderful Tonight :D

chairboys
24 Nov 2011, 13:56

I admire your determination and commitment!
That's a real "aaah" moment with the little kid.
I MUST see Bruce live one day. He's on the 'to see' list!

roomster
24 Nov 2011, 15:07
Bruce will be visiting Norway as well. Two concerts in July 2012 :D

Sarge
24 Nov 2011, 15:10
Three shows in Germany! :cheer:

samurai7
24 Nov 2011, 16:40
I really am praying for a Cardiff date. The last time he played Cardiff I was booked to perform at a wedding, so I couldn't make it, hence why I went to Hyde Park Calling. This time though Hell or High Water couldn't keep me away.

AndyK
24 Nov 2011, 17:13
With the Sunderland, Manchester, London and Isle Of Wight Shows already confirmed and the other rumoured dates (including only one in Dublin) it's looking liek Wales won't be on the schedule this time round, so you'll have to a get a visa Sean!

Julie in the rv mirror
24 Nov 2011, 17:39
I wish they'd announce the U.S. dates already. :? I need to plan! :D

AndyK
24 Nov 2011, 18:00
I wish they'd announce the U.S. dates already. :? I need to plan! :D

You'll get a proper tour announcement, all the date sat once, rather than the drip feed the European ones are as festival promoters scramble to rush the news out to boost their ticket sales ahead of the "Bruce only" shows.

As for planning, just presume the tour is along I-95 and you'll probably not be far off.

Julie in the rv mirror
24 Nov 2011, 18:27
You'll get a proper tour announcement, all the date sat once, rather than the drip feed the European ones are as festival promoters scramble to rush the news out to boost their ticket sales ahead of the "Bruce only" shows.

As for planning, just presume the tour is along I-95 and you'll probably not be far off.

:lol: The problem is that I don't live near the I-95 corridor, thus the need for more time to plan. At this point, just the dates/ cities would be enough. That's not to say I haven't gone at (near) the last minute before. ;)

We do tend to get more dates announced at once, but they still dribble them out- it's annoying. I've made plans (and bought tickets) to travel to shows, only to get shows closer to home announced at a later date. :?

I think you're right about the Festivals- I think Bruce, Inc. wasn't quite ready for an announcement yet, but with the Festivals announcing their lineups already, Inc. was forced to say something early.

This makes me feel better about missing the onsale for The Wall this Summer. :doh:

RadioMaster
24 Nov 2011, 18:36
looks like finally another UK trip coming up! :D I'll definitely be in London! Also just ordered tickets for Cologne, cant miss out when he's playing my hometown! :D

So excited, never seen ze boss live!!

edit: no pun intended with the hometown thing, only just noticed lol

Monstro
24 Nov 2011, 18:47
looks like finally another UK trip coming up! :D I'll definitely be in London!

Nice one!!!!

RadioMaster
24 Nov 2011, 18:53
Nice one!!!!

you willing to put up with me again?? :))

Julie in the rv mirror
24 Nov 2011, 19:28
looks like finally another UK trip coming up! :D I'll definitely be in London! Also just ordered tickets for Cologne, cant miss out when he's playing my hometown! :D

So excited, never seen ze boss live!!

edit: no pun intended with the hometown thing, only just noticed lol

You're in for a treat, that's for sure! :D

I'd never miss a show in my hometown either, if I could help it.

As for the other My Hometown you're referring to, I've seen that as well. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't seen the handwritten setlist the next day and found out he'd switched it instead of Racing in the Street! :doh: :lol:

LucyK!
24 Nov 2011, 19:51
I admire your determination and commitment!

Thank you! It really was awful, started running then realised just how far it was, it was like they were moving the stage back and we weren't getting any closer! Felt so ill but it was worth it.

Oh I'm soooo Bruce excited!!! Probably a good job we're getting married otherwise I'd be feeling a serious roadtrip coming on!! :lol:

AndyK
24 Nov 2011, 19:52
Oh I'm soooo Bruce excited!!! Probably a good job we're getting married otherwise I'd be feeling a serious roadtrip coming on!! :lol:

The gift list is getting longer though the more dates that get announced ... hope people are ready to buy wedding presents this month :lmao:

chairboys
24 Nov 2011, 19:59
Probably a good job we're getting married

Sorry if I'm behind that news but congratulations and good luck!

LucyK!
24 Nov 2011, 20:01
The gift list is getting longer though the more dates that get announced ... hope people are ready to buy wedding presents this month :lmao:

The laughing smiley implies a joke - I see no joke!