PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate concert to back up new record

Baleter
14 Feb 2002, 02:14
When "Testify" is first released , I think
Meat Loaf should play a concert at Wembley
stadium . Not just any concert , a huge
4 hour spectacle covering the whole record
and his other hits , I also think there should be lots of props , huge bats , the
woman from the cover of "Neighbourhood" ,
motorcycles , sea serpents etc. and a whole
lot of lights . If he can't book wembley ,
than book some other huge stadium

broadcast it all over the world , every
music channel on earth !

just a thought

Tom B
14 Feb 2002, 11:57
Well that's certainly my dream! Meat's concerts are never a dissapointment, so as long as he comes over here I'll be over the moon!

Coming very soon:
www.ML-Testify.com

Timewarp.nl
15 Feb 2002, 00:43
If wembley is not possible I vote for the Ahoy in Rotterdam. Great hall, with for me al lot of Meat memories.
LOL

tukayaway
23 Feb 2002, 03:13
Since we're all dreaming here, how about bringing some old faces back?

Jim Steinman on Piano.
Ellen Foley with Patti and Pearl.
Todd Rundgren on guitars.

Any more?

Steven
23 Feb 2002, 11:21
Yes,

Max Weinberg on drums,

and thats it!!!!!!

Timewarp.nl
24 Feb 2002, 14:18
only if kasim sulton stays on the bas
Timewarp.nl

LucyK!
24 Feb 2002, 14:41
And for a one off - we get Pat Thrall back on guitar too

tukayaway
27 Feb 2002, 22:23
We don't just have to have one of each. I can easily imagine accomodating at least 3 lead guitarists. If anyone has a copy of Missing In Action on video, think something along the lines of all the guitarists playing 'Promised Land'.

As an obscure Meat Loaf link, lets have Brian May on lead as well. After all, they did produce 'A Time For Heroes' together.

P.S. On the above mentioned video, who does Meat introduce during 'Promised Land'? I can't make it out and I dn't recognise him.

Tom B
03 Mar 2002, 16:32
One more to add ... Phil Rizzuto to do the play-by-play on Paradise

vinklestein
04 Mar 2002, 22:40
You musn't forget Bob Kulick !

One of my favourite Meat Loaf band members.

PS> The concert must be held in a big stadium
I have never heard of Meat playing at a big
stadium like Wembley or yankee stadium , but
he most certainly could fill them !

dottie
05 Mar 2002, 22:47
hi there

how about Bob Kulick bass guitarist originally with neverland express!! i touched this man at hammersmith some years ago

LucyK!
05 Mar 2002, 22:54
Maybe...seeing as he did work with Kas...we could import Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi for this one off?!! ./icons/icon12.gif

s
06 Mar 2002, 21:46
and why not jon bon jovi himself too? after all a duet with those two could not be a bad thing!

LucyK!
06 Mar 2002, 21:48
Jon Bon Jovi AND Meat Loaf - on the same stage - at the same time! That can do strange things to a girl! lol ./icons/icon12.gif

Chris
06 Mar 2002, 23:56
Why not have Cher on for a couple of numbers to sing with Meat?

Personally I think that she is the third best duet companion he has ever had (after Ellen Foley and Patti Russo)

Also the members of pop bands like WestLife and Pop Idols like Will Young should be made to sit in the audience and see what a proper muscian is like!!!! (although not in the front row as I would be there and wouldn't want to be too close to them!)

tukayaway
07 Mar 2002, 01:41
Do not get me started on those manufactured fools. They shouldn't even be allowed near Meat. Meat can put on a show, they can only sing. They really deserve a brutal beating. OOOOOOHHHHHH, blood pressure rising, need tranquilisers NOW.

LucyK!
07 Mar 2002, 18:50
Uh oh...I'm about to become the most hated person in the entire fanclub...I love Will Young!! My friend got me an album with his two singles and all the songs he sang on Pop Idol and it's fantastic!!!!!!

Chris
07 Mar 2002, 21:49

Chris
07 Mar 2002, 21:50
Last message was blank as I refuse to speak to someone who loves Will Young!!!!!!!!

LucyK!
07 Mar 2002, 22:43
Noooo! I actually am hated! lol But if it helps, I love Meat ( obviously! ) Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Queen...that sort of stuff, and WILL!!! How can you not like him?!

Dave
08 Mar 2002, 01:15
I actually like some of the boybands and such that are out there....it is my "non thinking" music!

With all the love there ever was......
David M. Driskell
http://www.mirrorofthesoul.com

tukayaway
08 Mar 2002, 01:33
Will AND Rod Stewart??? No problems with Queen though, they gave me my first taste of real music.

Will can sing, I just don't think he'll last. Hear'Say are already in trouble.

The only reason he's selling is because he's had the best possible publicity.

vinklestein
08 Mar 2002, 02:44
Possibly bring out some old duets with
Meat , "Bad Attitude" with Roger Daltry ,
"Dont You Look At Me Like That" with Dale
Krantz Rossington , and dont forget the
Goff sisters !

Timewarp.nl
09 Mar 2002, 19:41
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh,
Who for crying out loud is Will young?
Greetz timewarp.nl

LucyK!
09 Mar 2002, 22:01
Over here in the UK there was a national competition called Pop Idol where thousands of people auditioned and then it got down to one person after s many were voted out by the public, and the winner won a recording contract and stuff - Will Young is the winner!

tukayaway
10 Mar 2002, 02:33
Can we drop the Popstars, PopIdol crap now? I hate them, it has nothing to do with music.

Paula
18 Mar 2002, 03:44
Great thought mate. If Meat played @ Wembley I would definately be there.

Paula
18 Mar 2002, 03:48
I hear you Lucy, very strange things. lol

rocky
22 Apr 2002, 03:16
im going to see meatloaf in concert in july at the liverpool kings dock it will be a great concert i hope he plays some songs off his new album

Steve
23 Apr 2002, 00:23
Excellent ideas for the Ultimate Testify gig, people. One thing though...you've all missed one vital element..........ME IN THE AUDIENCE!!!!! :lol:

Anonymous
24 Apr 2002, 20:01
is everyone surethat the summer tour, will be followed by another tour. weill meat be coming to Cardiff again?

Rob The Badger
28 Apr 2002, 21:22
Noooo! I actually am hated! lol But if it helps, I love Meat ( obviously! ) Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Queen...that sort of stuff, and WILL!!! How can you not like him?!

Same here. . . . . .I totally agree. . . . .or maybe I shouldn't get involved. I don't wanna get beat up. :lol:

Shane
30 Apr 2002, 13:56
I would like to hear Bat Out Of Hell (the song) in the 70s and 80s style, like the version on the BOOH rerelease, with more `grunt' (if that makes any sense).

Jaymze
01 May 2002, 23:06
I think Meat should release an album that's just piano and vocals, with Jimmy on the piano of course

White of High
27 May 2002, 23:50
Hi!

I'm from Hungary and I hope Meat Loaf will appear here in near future. He was here only once in a TV-show, but I didn't know about that then. If he come here I would be there with my lot of rock-lovers. He should appear with a philharmonic orchestra: hundred violins and horns...
Maybe with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. When I have heard with Scorpions I falled in love to them.

My dream: Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman with Scorpions and the BPO in Budapest.

Hey, everybody! Scorpions is appearing in USA. If somebody is from there, let's go to the concert!

Meatles
03 Jun 2002, 05:32
This isn't really on topic, but dont you people agree with me that this message is the "Bat Out Of Hell" of the forum, it slowly but prominently became the biggest message on this board.

When I was in Toronto, I saw Meat in a Stadium , CNE Stadium on the bill with ELO. The place was mobbed with 30, 000 people.

Timewarp.nl
03 Jun 2002, 23:54
No no no no no no.
This is not the bat of the forum. That is the subject Musical tastes in the off topic part. It contains 8(!!!) pages and has been viewed over a 1000 times. And it is great fun! go and watch!

Greetz Timie

s
09 Jun 2002, 22:02
ah but musical tastes sprung up all of a sudden, more like bat 2. this topic took ages to become big! like bat!

Tim
10 Jun 2002, 00:26
To come back to the part of wich artists should play with meat loaf, what you all think of Ted Nugent, great show gitar player.

Or, maybe a show with Blues Traveler. A great band, some blues, song by Meat Loaf, how will that sound? :D