PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 2.-3. Took The Words, 2 Outta 3

Garrett
24 Jun 2003, 23:29
Videos: Took The Words, 2 Outta 3

Just two simple videos, nothing really happens. Meat sings in front of the band on a stage. I put these two together to one thread, cause there isn't much to say about these vids.

5/10

Sue K
25 Jun 2003, 11:14
which versions are you speaking of? there's so MANY!!

tink...bidding good morn to all...XO

Jayd
25 Jun 2003, 11:17
I would give them 8/10, not many music video's were made back then, and the majority was the artist on a stage with a group of musicians. Meat performs well but is not actually singing is he, he is miming, but he is still good to watch. To be truthfull I have not seen the video for Heaven Can Wait, I didn't think one was made.

Testify
25 Jun 2003, 15:29
7/10. ditti i aint seen one for heaven can wait either

little_dancer
25 Jun 2003, 15:34
Hey there,
Very interesting discussion..
I give these videos a 10++++ for several reasons.

1) Considering that music videos VIRTUALLY were non-exsistent, the quality of these videos is outstanding. That, and they show how important the visual aspect of the sound was for Meat--he is a pioneer of the genre.

2) Unlike many videos, these are like a 'Meat Loaf live' experience. For those of us that were infants when these were made(I was born in '79), who really wanted to have seen him perform Bat Out Of Hell at the time, these are completely priceless. You get to see all of that passion, power, raw energy and performance ability....in the comfort of your living room!! 25 yrs later!! He just never gave anything less that 200%, in his whole career--it really is mind boggling.

3) Okay, so a personal reason as well-I can't help it. The first time I saw a Meat Loaf video (I'd loved his music since I was 6) I was 13, just coming of age, and I saw Two Out Of Three Aint Bad. Well, I was young and impressionable, suffice it to say I had a HUGE crush on Meat Loaf for ALL of high School--he was just so damn sexy. (STILL IS)

4) If for no other reason, I gotta give these videos the 10+ because they still give me shivers, and I've seen them 100 times,now THAT"S an artist!!!

Cheers all!
Leah

Garrett
25 Jun 2003, 23:10
which versions are you speaking of? there's so MANY!!

tink...bidding good morn to all...XO

I'm speaking of the promo videos.

White of High
25 Jun 2003, 23:16
These videos aren't greats. I said BOOH is simple. And these are simple too...

My score: 5

Bart
26 Jun 2003, 16:10
its amazing that people dont like these videos. they are full of Meat. Meat everywhere. i think he acts here like there is no tomorrow. i like all of these bat videos very much and by the way, Jim Steinman some kind of directed these videos.
9/10.

The Flying Mouse
26 Jun 2003, 17:47
:twisted: Like the Bat video,these are very simple.But these are great performances 8) .
When you see these videos you really get a taste of all the quotes said by and about Meat that he could be singing to an audience of one tree and still give it everything he's got.
OK,it's all mimed,but Meat is really in the moment in these vids.His actions and facial expressions are pure magic.
9/10 (one mark down from the Bat video because that had the extra clips).

Garrett,Don't you mean " Outta 3,Took The Words & Paradise?
I've never seen a vid for Heaven Can Wait.

Garrett
26 Jun 2003, 20:07
Right, excuse me. It was my fault. There isn't a video to "Heaven Can Wait".

Michel
28 Jun 2003, 08:38
I agree with Bart that they are full of Meat. But I don't recognize the songs in the video's from BOOH. That's why I like the clips from BOOH II more.

My score: 6,5

QT
29 Jun 2003, 15:45
I can't add a lot to what's already said.

I give this video's a 6!

RSG
16 Nov 2003, 08:27
You know what I think of the videos? I give them a 9/10. Because you can see the romance and anger in his singing and expressions. I only took 1 point away, because I prefer to see some visual things like, on BOOH, I wish we could have seen this man SMASH in to that sudden curve, like I said b4, it wouldn't be rated for my age (16, lol)

I wouldn't want to see Meat on the bike, because (like most of us) I love Meat and I would hate for him to smash in a sudden curve...before its way too late.

ChrissybabezNI
21 Nov 2003, 00:18
Took the words is great, gets me into a good mood to put it on if im getting ready to go out or whatever. Ok it's just Meat plus singers but he gives it his ALL and makes it really fantastic to watch to see the singer in action behind hthe great song your'e listening to

Took the words vid gets a 9.5 in my books!