PDA

View Full Version : No Jim?? disaster!!

Spyam
14 Apr 2001, 22:13
Hello,
I am a huge meat fan, especially the singer as he hasn't got foot and mouth (we hope!!)
Anyway about Fun House, sounds great and everything, but no Jim!!! Past albums without jim (in early-mid 80's) have turned out not very good. Whether it was just the period in meats career. What has meat done this for? Is Jim too busy, or does meat want a change. tell me!
Lets all hope for a tour, i went to birmingham (NEC) on 25th march '99. A great concert, meat was really trying and it showed! it was brill.
anyway must go, its my 16th b'day tomorra!! yay!
see ya
spyam (sorry for the long essay!!!)

Dave
15 Apr 2001, 08:33
Well, just because as of yet there is no mention of Jim having a contribution to this album does not make it a bad thing. Right now, Jim Steinman is a very busy man in his own right. He is busy preparing Tanz Der Vampire for broadway, as well as writing Batman: The Musical. Jim Steinman will have major contributions to a "rock" album coming out this year, he is working with a new, young singer Karine Hannah. You know, I would have to disagree with you on your statement about all the Meat albums from the 1980's being bad. I think that there are some wonderful "lost tracks" on those albums. Take a good listen to Execution Day and tell me that is not some of Meat's best vocals ever ./icons/icon7.gif

With all the love there ever was...

David
http://www.MirrorOfTheSoul.com

Spyam
15 Apr 2001, 11:19
Ok
i wouldn't say they were BAD, non of meats stuff is bad! but just not as good, Meats singing was just as good, but the way some of the songs were writen. There were some clasics that stick in my head, but not as many as on the Bat albums etc.
anyway,
thanks
spyam

LucyK!
15 Apr 2001, 15:25
Yeah,I see what you mean, the songs that people who aren't Meat Loaf fans talk about and sing along to tend to be Jim songs from Jim albums i.e. Bat I and II,and in my opinion these are Meat's best. But at the same time - Welcome To Te Neighbourhood is a non-Jim album and that's brilliant! ( there are a couple of his songs on there but the majority aren't ). Most of my favourites are Steinman songs, like Bat, More Than You Deserve, For Crying Out Loud, Heaven Can Wait, Home By Now...but another of my favourites is Special Girl - so I'm pretty much on the fence with this one!!!!!

Lucy ./icons/icon7.gif

Dotty
11 Aug 2001, 17:20
Welcome to the neighborhood is a very good cd I lisen to it just as much as Bat & BatII.Original sin,Left in the dark,and yes Not a dry eye in the house are some of my most listen to Meat song.So everone should give the cd another listen.
Dotty
Lucy! wrote:
> Yeah,I see what you mean, the songs that people who aren't Meat Loaf fans talk about and sing along to tend to be Jim songs from Jim albums i.e. Bat I and II,and in my opinion these are Meat's best. But at the same time - Welcome To Te Neighbourhood is a non-Jim album and that's brilliant! ( there are a couple of his songs on there but the majority aren't ). Most of my favourites are Steinman songs, like Bat, More Than You Deserve, For Crying Out Loud, Heaven Can Wait, Home By Now...but another of my favourites is Special Girl - so I'm pretty much on the fence with this one!!!!!
>
> Lucy ./icons/icon7.gif

Jerard Hunter
02 Sep 2001, 20:47
I have to agree. Although I have nearly every Meat album available I must admit that Jim really is an amazing songwritter. Although Meat sounds greta no matter what he sings Jim has always brought out the best in him.

Shane
03 Sep 2001, 02:14
I believe the reason Jim is not involved on the new album (now called Testify) is simply because he is busy with other things, as David mentioned above. Jim certainly doesn't just work with Meat whenever Meat wants. Jim's non-involvement is not disaster.

It is my opinion, as it is others, that the songs written by Jim are better than those written by other writers. But it's not that the other writers are bad, it's just that Jim is soooooo good, in a league of his own, and not even comparable to most others (my opinion again). Meat certainly has has non-Jim success (Welcome To The Neighbourhood especially), and he often says that Testify is great too. In fact, he once said that Testify will be the best album since Bat 1.

Just have more faith in it. I'm sure everything will work out great.

Timewarp.nl
03 Sep 2001, 15:06
Hi there,
for starters It's my opinion that Jim is the greatest songwriter ever walking upon this world.
I love all his song.
But as it is mentionend in this discussion, Meat has also great non jim songs.
for the reason why Jim isn't involved with this album, I must direct your attention to the biographie of Meat Loaf, To hell and back (which every meat fan should have),
Here you can find an explination why welcome to the Neighbourhood, wasn't a complete jim album.
So I sugest that you all read the last chapters of to hell and back

Greeting Timewarp.nl

ali hughes
05 Sep 2001, 12:22
Hi there, i am a really big meat fan, I think he is the best i have seen him about 10 time's now the last time was in Cardiff, fannnnntistic i was right in the front, what a view. I would just like to know where did you get your information from about the album not being called FUN HOUSE anymore.

Hope you can let me know.

Ali

Dave
29 Sep 2001, 08:14
Guys,
Sadly I must inform you that the odds of there being another entire Meat and Jim album are very slim!

The reason I say this is partly based upon all of the litigation that is STILL going on over the first BOOH. You see, I do not think that Meat really has a problem with Jimmy and Jimmy does not really have a problem with Meat, it primarily lies in the hands of their respective managment teams. Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman's "people" can never seem to come to the bargaining table at the same time. This is one of the cold hard realities of being a Steinfanatic, as well as a Meat Loaf Bat. Do you realize how difficult it is when I actually put this in writing. To say that it more than likely will not happen? But, I would rather state the case than to say nothing. I would love nothing more than for TESTIFY to be BOOH III recorded in secrecy, but folks, it ain't gonna' happen.

Right now, Meat Loaf is busy off acting and Jimmy is busy off being a theater man, and the two roads are not likely to cross any time soon.

The only future project I could foresee is the possibilty of Meat Loaf recording a song for the DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES concept CD, which could be likely. I mean, if you listen to the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Jim Steinman interview from WJLP when they asked Jimmy about why Scarpia did A KISS IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE, Jimmy (in his answer) almost sounded like he WANTED Meat to sing it, but something was in the way.

With all the love there ever was.....
David M. Driskell
http://www.mirrorofthesoul.com

vinklestein
08 Mar 2002, 22:24
Meat Loaf without Steinman is not a real bad
thing ! I think that Meat does just as good
without Jim , look at "Bad Attitude" Thats
probably the best Meat's voice ever was !
Modern Girl (ohhh !) , "Piece Of The Action
(yaaaa !) . Meat Loafs 80's albums we're
more popular than most think ! they all sold
well and got good chart position (except
"Blind Before I Stop") . Even the Wembley
album sold well for a live record.

"Welcome To The Neighbourhood" was also a
massive hit reaching #2 ! and "Id Lie For
You" "Runnin For Red Light" and "Not a Dry
Eye" we're big !

Cloggy
09 Mar 2002, 22:59
The non steinman albums were good, but the steinman albums just added something you can't explain. Ie, you can pick the 2 steinman songs from welcome to the neighbourhood without knowing of steinman previous albums. They just have something other songs don't have.

Testify will be good, but it won't top BooH II.

In my humble opinion.