PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous rendition of Two out of Three ain't Bad.

AndrewG
22 Oct 2010, 21:28
I love it. The guy's got a perfect voice.
Jacqueline from the Rockman forum posted this originally.

JGEIcdYOuHo

Wario
22 Oct 2010, 21:47
great stuff

The Flying Mouse
22 Oct 2010, 22:04
:twisted: No, no, just, no :nope:

I know Jim had the Eagles in mind when he wrote the song, but it's a bloody good job it didn't turn out like this.
The speed of the song has no coherance and his voice (nice as it may be in small doses) is fecking boring after a verse or two.

Sorry, it's a miss from me :down:

Pudding
22 Oct 2010, 22:55
I'm all for different versions of Steinman songs but this version is boring as shit :zzz:

snider22
22 Oct 2010, 23:12
:down:Personally don't like it all. To slow, and his voice is just so droll, and the way he sings it just doesn't match well with music. Some songs just shouldn't be redone.

AndrewG
22 Oct 2010, 23:29
Jeez, I'm sorry I posted this now. :-( At least Wario liked it.

Wario
22 Oct 2010, 23:32

My best friend and I came up with a similar arrangement to this. It came out real good and i need to find the VHS somewhere.

Brought back memories of 9h grade. Just me on voice and him on guitar.

Jamey sounds excellent and it gave the song a more country home bound.

Will say though his physical performance was like watching paint dry...

CarylB
22 Oct 2010, 23:32
He does have a voice, but I agree with those saying the pace is very slow. One of those songs that having heard Meat deliver it and make it his own .. this just fades into insignificance for me I'm afraid.

Caryl

Evil One
22 Oct 2010, 23:43
At least it's not this:
EiaZG0-_UsA
and just to wash that horrible taste out your mouth, listen to this superb rendition:
GCXgcp23Eds

Monstro
22 Oct 2010, 23:45

Don't be, a good song done a different way, I actually liked it, great voice and a good arrangement, I'll be looking at what else he's done.

My best friend and I came up with a similar arrangement to this. It came out real good and i need to find the VHS somewhere.

No you don't

Evil One
22 Oct 2010, 23:47
I have this image of Wario spending two hours hunting for his tape, only for it to finally dawn on him that he no longer has a VCR! :lol:

Wario
22 Oct 2010, 23:51
No you don't

:|

yes i do. it was taped by my uncle at the new years chorus festival at Comic madness in Levittown. the heck did i do or say that makes you believe otherwise?

Steve6
22 Oct 2010, 23:55
Proceeds of the record go to the "Imus Cattle Ranch for Kids with Cancer".

I hope the album does well, because the profits are going to a very good cause. :up:

As for the song itself; it's not a bad version of "Two out of Three". He has a great country voice, but it's much to slow, and you just can't do this song without the piano. :yep:

Monstro
23 Oct 2010, 00:21
:|

yes i do. it was taped by my uncle at the new years chorus festival at Comic madness in Levittown. the heck did i do or say that makes you believe otherwise?

My apologies, your post led me to think that there would be another thread with a video of you in it if you found it, I jumped to a conclusion that was obviously wrong.

unbekannt
23 Oct 2010, 00:47
At least Wario liked it.
Me too! ;)

Wario
23 Oct 2010, 06:19
My apologies, your post led me to think that there would be another thread with a video of you in it if you found it, I jumped to a conclusion that was obviously wrong.

No need to apologize. i understand m8.

:shrug: I wont start a new thread. ill just post it in the fan recording project thread.

suzieq
23 Oct 2010, 06:49
Gosh that was uninspiring. I kept waiting for the wow....and he could have done so much more with his delivery. His voice is good, but it bored me. Sorry m8.

GDW
23 Oct 2010, 07:03
I think he needs a Red Bull or Two.:lol:

amethyst
23 Oct 2010, 10:38
I loved it ~ thank you for sharing it :-)

xxxx

Elijah's way
23 Oct 2010, 11:05
I love it. The guy's got a perfect voice.
Jacqueline from the Rockman forum posted this originally.

JGEIcdYOuHo

TERRIBLE voice and TERRIBLE arrangement:barf:

Elijah's way
23 Oct 2010, 11:23
[QUOTE=Evil One;527354]At least it's not this:
EiaZG0-_UsA

this is way better!!!

Mr. Happy
23 Oct 2010, 12:37
That's...actually pretty good o.0 Very different. Beats the Bonnie Tyler production, at least

Dave
23 Oct 2010, 17:03
I live just a few miles from Country Music Highway and have heard some amazing random country versions of Two out of Three - this one ain't a-workin'! It is every bit as boring and tired as Don Imus himself. Give me the fun energy of Bonnie Tyler's version anyday over this tired working of the song. The reason is drags so much is so Don Imus has time to wrap his slow working brain around what he is listening to. If he really wanted to do good for his charity, maybe he would shut his face and stop trying to be a "shock jock" because Don Imus is no Howard Stern and things like his "nappy headed hoes" comment do not come off pretty coming from his mouth.

A Slice Of English
23 Oct 2010, 17:13
I personally don't like this guys version but then I'm not keen on the sourthern drawl in country music. Props to him for taking on such a huge song though.

suzieq
23 Oct 2010, 21:22
I'm not keen on the sourthern drawl in country music.

This is my stance also.

Julie in the rv mirror
23 Oct 2010, 21:43
I think Jamey has a great voice, and I like the Country twist on the song, but I agree that it got a little boring after a few verses. Maybe if he sped it up just a bit, and added a little more instrumentation it would be a nice version.

Steve6
23 Oct 2010, 22:39
I think Jamey has a great voice, and I like the Country twist on the song, but I agree that it got a little boring after a few verses. Maybe if he sped it up just a bit, and added a little more instrumentation it would be a nice version.

I agree with that completely, and I disgaree with Elijah's way's comment that he has a terrible voice. His voice is actually brilliant in my opinion, and probaly the strongest aspect of the whole song. Bonnie Tyler's version; well that simply isn't "Two Out of Three".

meatfanforlife
24 Oct 2010, 01:39
I love Jamey Johnson, and this was interesting, imo. Nice to see him pay tribute to someone he calls a legend :)