PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 45. Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Garrett
01 Jun 2003, 15:33
Rare Songs: Oh What A Beautiful Morning

I love that song. It's a typical slow waltz. You can compare the music style of this song with "Martha". The lyrics are very poetical, one of the best lyrics ever. And no one could sing it better than Meat Loaf. :) He makes this song a killer! "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" is one of my most favourite rare songs. It was released as a B-side track of the "I'd Lie For You" single in 1995.

10/10

White of High
01 Jun 2003, 15:59
I agree with you Garrett! It's good and better than Somebody Loves Me. I have to tell again: Gershwin is very good. And Meat's voice is better in this song...

My score: 9

Average: 8.50 (34/4)

evil nickname
01 Jun 2003, 17:51
White, this song is not by Gershwin, but by Rodgers / Hammerstein (or you're just saying that Somebody Loves Me is great?). It was written for the musical Oklahoma!, and I've written somewhere that Oklahoma! was Meat's mothers favorite musical, and that it was kinda special to him (couldn't backtrack the quote, but I *know* I've read its somewhere).
Other than that, it's a good performance, but not one of my favorites. That title goes to "Keeper Keep Us" and "Presence of the Lord"...

7/10

White of High
01 Jun 2003, 17:59
I thought it's Gershwin too. Well, no! :)

Garrett
01 Jun 2003, 18:43
Oops, and I thought it's Cole Porter. :roll: But now I think I'm right. :lol:

Puritan
02 Jun 2003, 01:00
I like the birds singing at the beginning of the track - very relaxing

I prefer this to Somebody Loves Me. A good performance but again not a personal favourite

I'll give it 8 out of 10

White of High
31 Jan 2007, 21:16
Average: 8.50 (34/4)