PDA

View Full Version : FIRE BALL Album released in NZ, but NOT on shelves

Shane
20 May 2003, 05:51
Fire Ball/Meat,

The album's release date in New Zealand was the 15th of May according to Universal (the distributors here who I called on the phone), but in Palmerston North in New Zealand where I live, there are none on the shelves and I am continually being told that the album is still a couple of weeks away.

So it would appear that the shops here are slow in getting it out.

Should I be concerned at this? I thought you might like to know. I recall a post of yours when it came out in the UK, asking what shops where did not have the album. I hope there are no problems here.

Shane.

TeamNZfan
20 May 2003, 08:52
Not avaliable in Auckland either (well not the 3 stores I tried anyway - assistants didn't know about it - one vaugley thought it was due "sometime soon")

original sin
20 May 2003, 20:19
:evil: OHH NOOO here we go again...what is it with these companies

badger
20 May 2003, 20:29
deja vu!

Is Meat tied with this company for Bat III does anyone know?

Shane
21 May 2003, 00:48
Is Meat tied with this company for Bat III does anyone know?

After the problems (especially with the single in the UK), I hope not!

Shane
23 May 2003, 00:53
The album is slowly making its way into shops where I live.
The one that is here is the one without a bonus disc.

Shane
24 May 2003, 02:58
Unfortunately CHSIB did not make it on to the album charts in New Zealand for the week ending 25 May. However, there has been no promotion of the album (yet?) after one week of being released, so hopefully it will do better later.

Fire Ball
24 May 2003, 06:31
Should not have been released there yet!

M

original sin
24 May 2003, 12:11
Thanks for the info at least our ZL fans now know what's what....sorry you guys looks like you got a bit longer to wait :cry: At least its not down to distribution issues etc like we experienced in the UK on the sigle realse, which is what jumped to my mind when I first saw this thread.
We have a saying here.."good things come to those who wait" well you guys are waiting and CHSIB is better than good :twisted: so it'll get there :wink:

Shane
24 May 2003, 13:23
Should not have been released there yet!

M

Thanks for replying Meat. The album is definitely out in New Zealand now. It was released on 15th May, but it is coming out slowly. At one stage, a person from Universal told me it wouldn't be out until the beginning of June, but from another person at Universal, and elsewhere, I was told the 15th which has turned out to be the date.

It is on the major NZ music retail websites and many (but not all) shops near where I live. As I have said, there is no promotion that I've seen yet, and there are really no instore displays to speak of...it is limited to one copy of the album in the Meat Loaf section of stores, or one copy in the miscellaneous/minor new releases section.

When should it have come out, if it is not supposed to be released yet?

original sin
24 May 2003, 13:29
OMG Shane, you are there and know what is on the shelves in the shops 'cos you are seeing it with your own eyes....so does this mean that yet again there are distribution problems????
Is it possible that what is in the shops there are releases from other countries???

White of High
24 May 2003, 22:44
I think BOOH3 will be here sooner than CHSIB! :lol:

Shane
25 May 2003, 05:52
The CHSIB video has been shown on the major weekly chart show in NZ. It was shown on Sunday morning about 11am NZ time. It was not one of the charted songs played but was mentioned as a `Hit Pic'. Because the single is not being released here, I am not optimistic about further plays.

The album in NZ appears to be an import. It was made in the EU. However, many `foreign' artists don't have their cds made in NZ anyway. Often we get the Australasian release, but as it won't be released there for over two months, I went back to a store to check.

The budget (as has been referred to by one retailer here) compilation Heaven Can Wait, is here also and I have bought it.

TeamNZfan
27 May 2003, 08:51
Missed the chart show, so have not yet seen the video. Still have not seen it in the shops yet in Auckland. Will look again this weekend....

Shane
27 May 2003, 09:50
Missed the chart show, so have not yet seen the video. Still have not seen it in the shops yet in Auckland. Will look again this weekend....

Are you aware that the video is on the single? It's not available in NZ but can be ordered from the UK.

original sin
28 May 2003, 00:29
I think BOOH3 will be here sooner than CHSIB! :lol:

Ohh poor White..can you not order over the net???

TeamNZfan
28 May 2003, 08:52
Thanks Shane for the info re: the video. I have ordered my single from the UK but it still has not been despatched yet. Will be despatched somewhere between 3 to 21 of June!! I ordered the single (and DIST) back on April 24th!!

Shane
29 May 2003, 09:24
Two weeks after the album's release, the album has still not made an appearance on the New Zealand album charts (chart dated 1 June).

While us NZers (me) are complaining about slow (virtually not at all) release, no promotion, no singles etc, a single from a fictitious band who's song is basically a commercial jingle for an airline (and written by jingle writers), debuted at number 3 on the singles chart.

Fictitious people and fictitious music can make it big, but a record company won't release singles for a REAL guy.

arg

Testify
29 May 2003, 20:53
sickening isn't it

TeamNZfan
30 May 2003, 09:34
Fictitious people and fictitious music can make it big, but a record company won't release singles for a REAL guy.
I agree with you there Shand but hey, isn't it a great advert (and I like this song too!) Go the Zephers!

Shane
30 May 2003, 10:37
I agree with you there Shand but hey, isn't it a great advert (and I like this song too!) Go the Zephers!

I like the song too, and have bought the single. I have nothing against them personally. I should make clear to anyone else who reads this that the record companies concerned are different in these cases.

I was really happy for the Zephers, and felt quite let down when I found out they were fictitious.