PDA

View Full Version : update

Fire Ball
26 Apr 2003, 11:13
WE are going to re-release the single with a new mix in a few weeks here in the UK. Be in Madrid on Monday, Dublin Tues. TV,amsterdam on Wed the Lotto show, Norway on FRi TV, Zurich on Sat Tv, back to Germany for tv the 5th, back to the UK Sony awards?? the 8th more promo around europe till the 16th of May. The album still #2 in the UK. #15 Germany. It will move up alot in Holland this week.

Meat

ChrisBelfast
26 Apr 2003, 11:17
Meat, could you release on the CD a Night Of The Proms version of Anything for Love or DIST live in Cologne - ive never heard those songs so good!!!! Anything from Cologne would rock? whats the situation on Shadowland!?

cornish
26 Apr 2003, 11:19
hi meat. good luck with the relaunch . the single desevres it.
tops last night was brillant. patti is just getting better and better. :)

ChrisBelfast
26 Apr 2003, 11:22
GOOD LUCK, We've great faith that the single will do even better upon the re-release!!

Bohemian
26 Apr 2003, 11:24
FiHey - I never even considered that the extra tracks on the single when released in Australia aren't a sure thing.

Will we get Decadent Wish or Unsaid? Will the album cover be blue or red? So many variables!

Bohemian

ChrisBelfast
26 Apr 2003, 11:33
if you could get mercury to release 2 CDs of the single (like the DIST a got from Germany) then you could end up selling double the copies than if just one CD was released!

Dark Lady
26 Apr 2003, 11:46
Way to go Fireball what a great start to TOP. I have bought 2 singles & the Album, and I will be off to buy two more single next week & more of the re-release, and I am sure that many more of your fans will be doing the same, and soon you will be the last performance on TOP I just want to add November can't come soon enough. I have tickets for Brighton & trying to get hold of some for other dates.

Juan Llanos
26 Apr 2003, 11:55
Be in Madrid on Monday.

Thanks Meat!!!

MBrevard
26 Apr 2003, 12:02
Hi, FireBall! How many albums are on the Chart?? 40??

So, 2 out of 40 ain't bad??!!

Okay! Okay! I can hear each and every boo I've just gotten. You made your point, guys. I know it was bad!! But what can I say? Some things you just HAVE to do! :wink:

Hey, Meat. Does the rerelease (and remixing) of the single indicate that you've finally managed to change Mercury's mind about your ability to sell singles??

I HOPE so!! Let's hope they produce a LOT more than just 6600 this next time!! What foolish lack of foresight (and sadly, how typical these days)!!

Good luck on all the promotions! Please keep writing in to let us know how things are going! AND if there is more we can do to help you! :)

Thanks, Meat! And take care of yourself in your travels!!

Love,
MB
xxx

Diane
26 Apr 2003, 12:19
WE are going to re-release the single with a new mix in a few weeks here in the UK. The album still #2 in the UK. #15 Germany. It will move up alot in Holland this week.

Meat

Wonderful news Meat! I've every faith that the single will be a huge hit in the UK. It's just too good not to be. That was a great performance on TOTP last night and you will be back there very soon.

Congratulations on the album, but it looks like we still need to do a little more shopping to topple the material girl! :wink:

Bart
26 Apr 2003, 12:33
He Ongapisa, he will be in Spain next Monday, aren't you happy :mrgreen:

Juan Llanos
26 Apr 2003, 13:25
He Ongapisa, he will be in Spain next Monday, aren't you happy :mrgreen:

He goes to the best radio station of Spain.... M80radio (www.m80radio.com, you can hear online) doesn't put songs of Popstars or similar, they put classic rock and pop songs... You know what I mean... per example, they are the official radio station of McCartney tour in Spain.... and he goes to the best program in this radio... the journalist is Julián Ruiz who also interviewed to Natalia Imbrulia (recentley) or Prince... he knows a lot about music and he puts everyday DIST, he saids that he likes more than CHSIB.... The time is around 14.30 (Madrid time)

The city is Madrid, it's not too far form where I'm, but I belive that people can not go to see the show... and I don't want to be at the door of the radio station like a grupie...

I hope that Meat saids when he is going to make a concert in Spain... then I'll be there!!

I'll try to record it on mp3 and put it on!!

Again, thanks for Meat for make this record.

Now I have 120 different references of vynil, cd, vhs, dvd of Meat Loaf & Jim Steinman.

Niné
26 Apr 2003, 14:42
Great Meat that you will preform in the Staatloterij show on the Dutch tv. I know that many ppl watching that programm. Good luck.

Feleena
26 Apr 2003, 15:07
8) Cool Meat

I will be buying it thats for sure!! I cant get that song out of my head today after hearing you singing it in Oxford Street during the signing!

I have the version thats out now but another copy to my collection will be great!

Feleena x

heat
26 Apr 2003, 15:12
Ditto that :lol: :lol: :lol:

The more the merrier :P :twisted: :P :twisted: :P :twisted: :P :twisted:

Heat
xxx

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 15:13
Thanks Meat for asking if I was there I will be at Wembley November 17th.

Gina
26 Apr 2003, 15:24
Great news Meat!! Hope it will be available on amazon and I'll buy loads!
Take care.. y'all travel safely!! :)

Love and Laughs..
~Gina

Sapphire Lady
26 Apr 2003, 15:24
Dottie, you must be very flattered that Meat was asking for you in Amsterdam.

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 15:47
Dottie, you must be very flattered that Meat was asking for you in Amsterdam.

Oh yes I was - either that or it was just a big wind up :lol: now he knows I will be at Wembley 17th November - we go back a long way :lol: :lol: to 1970 to be precise :!:

Anne
26 Apr 2003, 15:59
WE are going to re-release the single with a new mix in a few weeks here in the UK. <snip>The album still #2 in the UK. #15 Germany. It will move up alot in Holland this week.

Meat

Great news!!!! let's make it rock the charts this time folks............ :D

It was great to see so many fans showing their support at the album signing yesterday. Once again, thanks Meat for "entertaining" us as only you can do, and making sure everyone there got their albums signed.

Photos will be on the site as soon as I can get them to R

Anne
MLUKFC

jcmoorehead
26 Apr 2003, 16:09
Sounds excellant. But cant you ever do a signing up in Middlesbrough! I can never get down to London but its easy for me to get to middlesbrough especially on Saterdays!

Cloggy
26 Apr 2003, 17:53
I am a bit dense when it comes to charts etc.

If there is a new single of CHSIB, will those sales be added to the original single sellings or will it start from scratch?

dottie
26 Apr 2003, 18:39
I am a bit dense when it comes to charts etc.

If there is a new single of CHSIB, will those sales be added to the original single sellings or will it start from scratch?

Who knows - maybe someone wil give us an answer

Winston
26 Apr 2003, 23:50
Meat in Dublin? Anyone know what he's going to be on over here?

original sin
27 Apr 2003, 00:19
Meat
Great news! Thanks for the update!

Vickip
27 Apr 2003, 00:47
That's great news :)
Thanks for the update Meat!

Vicki

Jen
27 Apr 2003, 01:07
Thats great news, hopefully it'll do better this time.
Thanks for the update Fire Ball. :D

Jen

ChoccyBat
27 Apr 2003, 04:25
I just REALLY hope it gets promo'd though - apart from real fans like us, people who just bought this one on impulse may not bother with the new one. We were all gutted tho with 31 so lets hope this at least hits the top 20- preferably top 10 as I don't wanna see Meat Loaf the camp decorator!!

Vickip
27 Apr 2003, 06:02
I just REALLY hope it gets promo'd though - apart from real fans like us, people who just bought this one on impulse may not bother with the new one. We were all gutted tho with 31 so lets hope this at least hits the top 20- preferably top 10 as I don't wanna see Meat Loaf the camp decorator!!

I Couldn't Have Said It Better :)
Vicki

Tim
27 Apr 2003, 12:47
Yeah, hope so. Meat deserves all the promo he can get!!

Vickip
27 Apr 2003, 19:52
Yeah, hope so. Meat deserves all the promo he can get!!

Exactly !!!
Vicki

The Flying Mouse
28 Apr 2003, 16:31
:twisted: Hi Meat.
I'm a little late posting here.It's been a busy weekend,and i'm only now finally getting up to speed with what's new.
It's great that the single is being re-launched :D .let's hope that the record company get it right this time and put some real weight behind it.

Cloggy,I don't know for sure if a different B side will afect the overall success of CHSIB.
The nearest info I can find in the Guinness british hit singles book (14th edition) is....

Re-entries,re-issues,remixes and re-recordings are all counted provided the original vocal is used and the original artists are credited.

It doesn't mention B sides,but it looks pretty hopeful :D .
Hope that helps.

heat
29 Apr 2003, 12:56
Hiya all,

Well iv'e been a busy little bee, writing to all the papers in the South Wales and Manchester area's. Here's hoping they take notice of little old me and get off thier arses and do something. :twisted:

I've also been hounding various radio stations to get Meat on thier playlist :) According to hubbs, i've revolutionised Swansea sound as although they aren't playing CHSIB they are playing many of his other hits. I know it's not exactly what we want, but i spose anything helps, and if it gets Meat promoted, then maybe it'll spur people on to buy the album, or at least that's what i'm hoping :twisted:

I've also printed off about 50 copies of the different posters Caryl has sent me. I've made sure all my friends have copies, and i've seen a few in peoples front windows - it actually looks really funny, as we are having elections this thursday, and Meat's posters are beside posters asking people to vote labour/conservative/lib dem/plaid :P :P :P

Anyways, just thought i'd get you all up to date with what ive been doing. Take care, all

Heat
xxx

original sin
30 Apr 2003, 00:54
:twisted: I'm still emailing and phoning radio stations etc. however I am finding that it is still not on local radio playlists. Is anyone else having this problem? :twisted:

Do we know when the new release date is? I hope this is backed with airtime, enough stock, and plenty of promotion! and that if there is anything that can be done by the multitude of fans we are asked.

SueW
07 May 2003, 17:28
back to the UK Sony awards?? the 8th more promo around europe till the 16th of May.
Meat

Does anybody know if Meat Loaf is actually going to be there tomorrow evening or not? (There's a link to the webcam in the calendar.)

Sue
http://www.KasimInfo.com

mariella
08 May 2003, 21:16
Just checked the Sony-awards site (link at the calendar!) and Meat IS there!!!
Hope we'll be able to see him on the web-cam.

Enjoy!

Mariella

Juan Llanos
08 May 2003, 21:20
Just checked the Sony-awards site (link at the calendar!) and Meat IS there!!!

the url is http://www.radioawards.org/index.htm? I can not see "calendar" where is it?

R.
08 May 2003, 22:42
I can not see "calendar" where is it?

Mmmmhh ....
http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/images/menu.gif 8O

Juan Llanos
09 May 2003, 00:15
je je...

Frist I think that calendar is a part of Sony Awards page, so that is is why I ask.... them I see hear, but the link goes to this web where I can find anything confirmed that Meat is going to be there.

MBrevard
09 May 2003, 01:00
Is our guy something special or what??!!!!!

One of the slowest, most boring award shows I've ever tried to watch (sorry, 56k makes watching VERY difficult at best). And when does the show finally come alive???

YES!!! Meat Loaf!! He brings life, excitement, fun, laughs wherever he goes!! Amazing!!! He is truly one of a kind and we are all blessed to have him in our lives!!

What a riot today!! Wasn't he tremendous?!! How many more radio stations are now going to be playing the album because of this appearance??!!

"I am the past, I am the future...and in 60 when I'm 111 years old, I'll STILL be rocking your world!!" (Did I get that quote right??!! If not, it's close!!) Whoooeeee!!

Yes, indeed!! If this is true for ANYONE in this world, it is MEAT!!!

Hope you all caught the show and loved his part of it, as much as I did!!

Love to all,
MB
xxx

Asha
09 May 2003, 01:32
I missed it, had to work this evening.

I ask my hubbie to record the stream and what does he do....
you guessed it, he forgot...to bad really, as I hear these great reports.

Anybody know if it will appear on the web somewhere???

Vickip
09 May 2003, 01:38
I missed it, had to work this evening.

I ask my hubbie to record the stream and what does he do....
you guessed it, he forgot...to bad really, as I hear these great reports.

Anybody know if it will appear on the web somewhere???

I was offline, and missed it too :(
But according to the site, it'll be archived on the site tomorrow morning. I'm not sure how long it'll be there, but here's the link again :

http://www.radioawards.org/index.htm?

Hope this helps :)
Vicki

MBrevard
09 May 2003, 01:38
Hi, Asha! Go to the same website tomorrow morning and they say the entire broadcast will be there to see again!!

I wasn't looking so I don't have an exact time, but I believe Meat came on about the last 20 minutes or so of the program. :D

Enjoy!!

Love,
MB
xxx

ps. This is being written the next morning. Just watched the edited version of the show, which is actually incomplete. You'll find Meat on the last 5 minutes or so...Shame they didn't reshow the entire broadcast. He came back on during the next presentation with a little more funny shtick. --MB

Asha
09 May 2003, 01:51
Thx both of you,
it helps alot.

Peace and love,
Asha

Asha
09 May 2003, 01:53
Found this quote on the site.

"22:42: Gambo wins Music Broadcaster

Show host Paul Gambaccini wins Music Broadcaster of the Year prize. Meatloaf presents the trophy with an impassioned plea for more weather girls and a call for Gambos glasses so he could read the card. It has to be heard to be believed! Gambo was greeted by a standing ovation. "

Don't you hate it if anybody spells your name wrong??

And it says archive from 8 am.....

Asha

Ben
09 May 2003, 02:01
sorry to sound thick, but what is it that we are talkina bout here?? :?

Asha
09 May 2003, 02:21
The UK sony awards that were broadcast on the web last night and wich had meat in them

Asha

Vickip
09 May 2003, 03:56
Thx both of you,
it helps alot.

Peace and love,
Asha

You're welcome Asha:)
And thanks for the information about the time MB !

Vicki

mariella
09 May 2003, 09:14
Thank you so much MB! It was indead a very boring event until Meat 'took over'!! I got disconnected from the web-cam before Meat was on, yesterday. Didn't like that, but it was getting late anyway.
This morning I watched it and it's a great way to start the day!!
Off to work now, enjoy!!!!

Love,

Mariella

Good to know you enjoyed it too Vicki and Asha!

Asha
09 May 2003, 12:39
Hi All,

If you klick on the broadcast, meat's in Item 23 (Music Broadcaster).
Just klick the view button and you'll see.

(Now you can just skip al the slow going stuff and cut right to it :D )

Asha

Ben
09 May 2003, 18:01
Total Pandermonuim!! Typical Meat Loaf!!

mariella
09 May 2003, 18:06
Hi Ben,

Could you please tell me WHAT that long/unknown word means :??: :lol:
I am Dutch and this word is just too difficult for me :oops:

Mariella

But good to hear you enjoyed it too!!

Puritan
09 May 2003, 18:36
I am English and I have no idea what Pandermonuim means! :)

However pandemonium means chaos, confusion, uproar

White of High
09 May 2003, 18:59
Pandemonium! Not Pandermonium!

It means: "all of demons" or "confusion"!

Ben
09 May 2003, 23:02

Sorry guys, spelling has never been my strong point!

:D

Vickip
10 May 2003, 03:38

Sorry guys, spelling has never been my strong point!

:D

That's ok Ben .. I knew what you meant :))
And you're absolutely right .. what a riot !!

Vicki

sherrie87
10 May 2003, 05:12
I finally watched the webcast, that was clearly not to be missed! Meat was most assuredly the life of the party! I can't imagine the soul deadening drudgery of sitting through the whole thing to see Meat- those of you who did are seriously dedicated! Is Meat's exagerated US Southern accent lost on native Brits? He sounded like a crazed televangelist. Very cool how they worked the song titles in at the end.

Sherrie

CarylB
10 May 2003, 21:16
Sherrie87 asked:
Is Meat's exagerated US Southern accent lost on native Brits? He sounded like a crazed televangelist.

I doubt it :)) We're generally I suspect better at distinguishing different American accents than Americans are at identiying British regional accents .. and better at understanding them than you would, say a Geordie, a Scot or a cockney.. didn't they say that many people in the US couldn't follow what was being said in the Full Monty? .. and that was just the Sheffield accent ..

Quite apart from the amount of American TV we have broadcast, a pretty fair percentage of Britons will have visited the US .. so most of us would recognise a deep South accent and possibly even distinguish it from the softer Carolinas .. and certainly associate it with evangelists, particularly the tv variety .. who was it that said "If God does decide to send a personal message to the world he will NOT choose a balding overweight man in an expensive suit from the deep South of the USA to deliver it!! " .. :)

But Meat can certainly portray one with some considerable skill!! :)

Winston
11 May 2003, 06:36
Meat's definately putting alot more emphasis on his Southern accent in his promo interviews this year, he's killing interviews, eg. Des&Mel, Kelly Show, TOTP, what the hell is that all about, he is so not being himself in the promotional tour. Why does he feeel the need to destroy interviews, when he's asked questions he goes all around the world to answer them. He's gone way too hyper this year.

Shane
11 May 2003, 09:01
Meat's definately putting alot more emphasis on his Southern accent in his promo interviews this year, he's killing interviews, eg. Des&Mel, Kelly Show, TOTP, what the hell is that all about, he is so not being himself in the promotional tour. Why does he feeel the need to destroy interviews, when he's asked questions he goes all around the world to answer them. He's gone way too hyper this year.

That's Meat as we all know him! And remember, he's an actor first and foremost (as he's said so himself), so even if he isn't "being himself", he's being someone else!

I think his accent has changed in the past 25+ years. I watched an interview in which both Meat and Jim were being interviewed, and his accent was a lot more `southern' then. He came from Texas of course.

CarylB
11 May 2003, 09:25
Good Lord .. I didn't see the Kelly Show, but I'm pretty sure I've caught everything else Meat's done on UK TV and radio (and much of what he's done in mainland Europe) to promote the album .. so there must be an accent filter on my sets as I have only heard him use a Southern accent to deliver particular phrases/sentances for effect! He would have made a great living as a televangelist .. a character he has visited frequently in his recent tours, and to be honest the only time I hear him give full rein to his southern accent.

One of the things I always remark on is how far he has lost his original Texas twang. His diction is excellent, his accents in films always spot on (just consider and compare Fight Club, Focus, Everything That Rises, Black Dog and Crazy in Alabama) .. and only when he is excited do his origins show through unbidden :) Although the final word in Decadent Wish comes through with a strong and delightful Texas stamp :))

Meat Loaf the on stage performer is, and always has been, over the top so I would expect that. He's also quick, very funny and very entertaining imo, and this round of promotional appearances has been no exception. He has said he finds TV scary, and his way with interviews has always been to take control, in much the same way as he does on stage where he will stalk on and put his stamp on the situation and audience from the onset .. a perfect example of ecopower which his audiences usually love and respond to with enthusiasm. He is the Man .. the Rock God .. and they cheer wildly and acknowledge it! Even in the Storytellers tour, in which I think he undertook a series of polished and relaxed interactive and very funny evenings with an audience, he still strode the boards a bit at the onset to make his mark and establish his ownership of the situation.

And none of this is surprising given his off-stage persona. "Meat Loaf" is this larger than life character that the self-confessed quiet and rather shy Michael Aday takes on stage, and generally the one that the audience has come to see perform. It's the one that he uses to psych himself and the band up before a performance, in much the same way as an American football captain will psych up his team .. and indeed Meat says he approaches a show in much the same way as he would a football game .. it's all part of calling up that intense focus which enables him to give 150% at every concert.

Interestingly I saw least evidence of his needing to take control of an interview on the Richard and Judy Show on Channel 4, when I thought Meat was probably the most relaxed I'd seen him in a TV interview ... he seemed comfortable and easy without losing any of the zestful and enthusiastic storytelling spirit which is his trademark ... although the old competitive spirit did come rushing in at the end when they were playing that variation of conkers with eggs :))

So .. is Meat too hyper this year? Not as far as I'm concerned .. he's just being "Meat Loaf". Is he not being himself? .. well yes. He has always said his fans would be amazed at his off-stage persona, and that this is not what they have come to see. He has delivered the on-stage Meat who has been invited to appear and who is expected to appear; expected by both interviewers and audience alike imo.

And is he killing/destroying interviews this year? .. I don't think so. He has done what he has always done, and the response from audiences like those at the Des and Mel show would indicate they love it .. and love every minute :))

Puritan
11 May 2003, 13:56
I have just come in from taking a lady somewhere by car. I was playing the new Meat album. She said how she liked his singing but said his interviews were awful - so loud and noisy. Turns out she had seen him on "Des and Mel" and "Richard and Judy" So the recent typical Meat interview is not going to come across well to everyone. The fans will still love it (well most fans most of the time) - the only point I would make is that in such interviews it is not the committed fan that Meat is trying to appeal to - it is the television audience. If you go on shows like "Des and Mel" and "Richard and Judy" do you not have to "play the part" and appeal to that programmes audience? I certainly think the play acting has been rather "over the top" on some recent occasions considering the programme.

And as for that "skit" on Top Of The Pops! Well I happened to be watching that show at my sister's. It made me cringe. My sister who likes Meat thought it was stupid. I was so embarrassed. I couldn't really then enjoy the song!

But Meat still gets it right a lot of the time. :) On the Janice Long radio show, I thought he came across real well in the interview part - and that evangelistic bit was sensational. Perhaps an experienced interviewer helped there though I was half expecting Janice to thump him at some point for keeping on calling her "Dear" :lol:

CarylB
11 May 2003, 14:57
I'm surprised at someone saying he was noisy on the Richard and Judy show .. I watched that and thought he was relaxed and not over the top at all .. and not sure what the "skit" was on TOTP .. unless you mean the band doing their football warcry just before going on .. that's something Meat says they do before every show .. it's about energising and focus .. and it's a contributor to the high energy and wonderful shows they give!!

If Meat played a part that wasn't him many thousands would be disappointed .. and by that I mean the many thiusands who will stream into his sold out shows in the UK this winter.

I think if people like the songs they will buy the album .. and I wouldn't have Meat change his on-stage persona merely to appeal to a few who would cut off their noses to spite their face just because they didn't like something about him in an interview .. he's a decent man, polite, kind, generous .. he doesn't do drugs, he drinks little .. he's gracious and thankful .. he does a lot for charity .. and that comes across in his interviews .. so if he's noisy .. well there's still a lot of admirable qualities to back the singing imo if people want to judge the man as well as the voice ....

Tim
11 May 2003, 15:37
Don't like much of the new album, only a couple of songs... but he... i'm going to the concert... not only for those new songs. Think that is a bit of a strange idea... that people go to a show just for the new songs. I'm going to a Meat Loaf show for the music, the other songs, the show, the man himself...

Don't think that people will only spend some money cause they like the new songs... do you think?? i mean, i'm not rich.. so.. that's not for me. But maybe you are rich. :lol:

The Butcher, Tim

CarylB
11 May 2003, 15:53
Tim wrote:
Don't like much of the new album, only a couple of songs... but he... i'm going to the concert... not only for those new songs. Think that is a bit of a strange idea... that people go to a show just for the new songs. I'm going to a Meat Loaf show for the music, the other songs, the show, the man himself...
Don't think that people will only spend some money cause they like the new songs... do you think?? i mean, i'm not rich.. so.. that's not for me. But maybe you are rich.

I love all the new album, but I'm not sure who has suggested people would go to a concert just for the new songs .. I thought we were talking about whether or not people would buy the new album. I said I think people will buy the album if they like the songs and not be put off by a TV interview .. for they wouldn't be buying that.

And as far as buying the album goes .. I am far from rich, but on a very limited income I can afford the new album whuch comes in at close to half the price of many released over here.