PDA

View Full Version : belfast people - lets help meat!

ChrisBelfast
23 Apr 2003, 22:34
Belfast folk can do a lot to help meat reach number one in the album charts:

first we need to contact coolfm through coolfm.co.uk. They dont have direct email links so you need to go to their feedback area. Belfast Citybeat play it all the time so we can't complain about them or Downtown Radio who also play it non stop!!! we dont have time to thank them now...we will later.

Meat has a big support group inbelfast - on the kelly show he gave it a great promotion and got great feedback from the fans.

We need to bug the radio djs here in belfast to promote the single and album. Write to local papers, i have already. On the same week meats album was released and a date confirmed for a Belfast concert - this gives the opportunity for a big feature where the papers can tie the 2 things into one article. Anything you can think of go for it!!!!

Oriel
24 Apr 2003, 16:54
By the way all, you don't need to be from Belfast to help out! You can all do the same.

I was down here in Dublin (in the pub infact) when Meat was on Kelly, so I didn't get to see it, if I was I'd have down to the Hilton...

Fireball, ou;of interest, what hotel did you stay in that night?

Sinecure. (aka Stephen).

ChrisBelfast
24 Apr 2003, 17:20
Just to let you know, the hard work does pay off. The local newspaper that I had sent info to on the new album and tour did a feature article on meat like I suggested. The focused more on the tour but it got half a page write up with a brief mention of the new album and a photgraph as well. !!! Success number one!!! Just need many more papers to do the same!! We need more people doing the same. The reason they didnt review the album is simply becuase they don't. The paper - newtownards Chronical only reviews singles and as they are supplied by Woolworths then that answers why the single never got a review!