PDA

View Full Version : Marion Raven

meat_loaf
19 May 2007, 21:42
I was talking to Marion raven at the gig last night & said to her that i will see her at the next glasgow gig & she said that she wont be there, Its not fair i really like her and I personally think that she should do female backing vocals for meat loaf, if he performances IACBTMN without Marion i will be really disappointed because it just wont sound the same without and it wont be the same without her there i'm gonna miss her :(

P.s would did everyone think of her album Set me free?

M.Bison
20 May 2007, 15:05
I was talking to Marion raven at the gig last night & said to her that i will see her at the next glasgow gig & she said that she wont be there, Its not fair i really like her and I personally think that she should do female backing vocals for meat loaf, if he performances IACBTMN without Marion i will be really disappointed because it just wont sound the same without and it wont be the same without her there i'm gonna miss her :(

P.s would did everyone think of her album Set me free?

I hope to meet Marion at the gig in Dublin on the 2nd so I have a couple of questions:

1. How long doess she sign autographs for before Meat's show?

2. Would it be easier to go down the back row for her show (to get to the merch stand faster) and would this make it akward to get up to the front row for Meat's show?

LucyK!
21 May 2007, 18:54
If you're hoping to meet Marion at Dublin then it's probably safe to say that you'll have to sacrifice either meeting her or your spot in the theatre for the show - it's a standing show and you won't be able to get back to your spot if you leave.

AndyK
21 May 2007, 19:04
Shuffled this into LB&GG where it should belong.

I've got copies of both Set Me Free and Heads Will Roll (which was released in Japan a while ago), really like both of them, but personally I think that Marion's live sets are far better than the two CD recordings. I think her voice is fantastic and the "band" sound on the CDs overshadows it in many places. Whereas on stage with just Randy on acoustic guitar she really shines.

I was lucky enough to win the Myspace competition to meet Marion at Birmingham a week ago, and she really is lovely!

LucyK!
21 May 2007, 19:27
She also said she didn't know if she'd be back for the second leg...perhaps she's had confirmation now?

M.Bison
21 May 2007, 19:34
She also said she didn't know if she'd be back for the second leg...perhaps she's had confirmation now?

Once upon a time she didn't think she'd be doing this tour either (I asked her on her website last September.) I don't think There has been any confirmation yet but by that time she'll have her album to promote.

Angel
21 May 2007, 19:39
Is she doing Wembley on Wednesday do you know ?? was hoping to see her.

AndyK
21 May 2007, 19:42
Is she doing Wembley on Wednesday do you know ?? was hoping to see her.

Yeah she is.

M.Bison
21 May 2007, 19:42
Yep, she'll be doing Wembley and she'll be doing all of the shows on this leg of this tour.

Angel
21 May 2007, 21:19
Oh cool! thanks for that, really looking forward to it. saw her at the Albert Hall and she was really good.

meat_loaf
22 May 2007, 02:19
I managed to get her to sign both copies of her album Heads will roll & set me free, i too personally think that her live set is far much better that the CD she is so pretty and i told her that i gave her a copy of a photo of us together and she asked my name and wrote it on the back of it, i then gave her a kiss and asked her to come back to the uk again im really gonna miss her :(
This is me with her
http://www.freewebs.com/meatloaf/withmarion.jpg

MeatGrl1
22 May 2007, 02:25
That's cute Kirt ;).

meat_loaf
22 May 2007, 02:59
That's cute Kurt ;).

Yeah she liked the photo of us together as well did i tell what Meat Loaf said about it?

Vickip
22 May 2007, 04:11

Does anyone know if she'll be opening for Meat when he comes back to the US :??: I would love the opportunity to see her opening set as well as singing IACBTMN with Meat.

Vicki

MeatGrl1
22 May 2007, 08:40
Yeah she liked the photo of us together as well did i tell what Meat Loaf said about it?

No you did not....?

:cool:

Bap
22 May 2007, 13:11
She is stunning though! Lovely pic man!

meat_loaf
22 May 2007, 18:28
Ok When i Met Meat i told him that i went to both Birmingham& Manchesters Shows and he said i must be rich traveling about all the time, then i told him that i had a gift for marion he asked what it was and i said it was a photo of me & Marion together, he replied oh you met her to. who havent you met boy!!
I told him that i found marion to be really attractive, he then asked what age i was and replied the same age as marion 22, He asked to see the photo, i showed him the photo, when he looked at it he replied "What a lovely couple use would make" then turned around towards the door ask said "I'll be right back" he told me Marion was single & i thought we was actually going to get marion for me :(

Kurt

MeatGrl1
22 May 2007, 20:37
Aww that's so awesome !

I want a M&G :-( !

Sapphire Lady
28 Jun 2007, 11:37
There's a nice Marion Raven poster/calendar free with the Summer 2007 edition of Classic Rock magazine if anyone's interested.

LucyK!
28 Jun 2007, 11:41
There's Andy on his way to Tesco...! :p

AndyK
28 Jun 2007, 11:42
:whistle:

meatloaf-unofficial
28 Jun 2007, 12:14
I read, think it was on some ticket website and it said that Marion is the support act! - oviously someone has got it wrong! :-)

I got her new cd the other day - great it is :-)..